5 °

The rest of the weekend was spent in my room rather than with my family or anywhere else since I was still stunned about Harry.

This couldn't be happening right now. I was actually starting to fall for a psychotic killer.

I had avoided several of his texts and calls which I debated whether or not to do at first because I have no idea exactly how much he's capable of.

Continuing to lay in bed, I go over my thoughts again. Oh shit. Mr. Cruz.

This was all my fault. If I'd just snuck out of school and went with Harry I could've just gone to detention on Saturday. Instead I had to be an idiot and trust that Harry would work up some magic to get me out of it.

The amount of guilt flooding me gets overwhelming when I start finding it hard to breathe and my stomach feels like it's dropping.

I sit up on my bed and start thinking ways I can occupy myself so I don't end up completely sobbing. I grab my phone and turn on some music, letting myself get lost in the beat.

After a few minutes I look at the clock on my phone to see it was 10pm.

I let out a shaky breath. I knew it would soon be time for me to actually get some sleep, not to mention something to eat (finally), because in a few hours I would have to start getting ready for school the next morning. To say I didn't want to go was an understatement.

My parents would never let me just skip without an actual, dyer emergency. I even thought about accidentally falling down the stairs and breaking my arm a few times just to not go today. But that couldn't happen.

I need to actually face him some day...and it's not like I was scared, because I know if he wanted to hurt me he would have already; a long time ago at that. I guess I just don't want to believe any of this is happening. Talking about it means it's real, that I'm not just dreaming like I've forced myself to think these past few days. I need to just confront him and get over it.

So that's what I'll do.

_

Walking into school was the easy part, I could drown myself in the crowd, and tune out the static sound of the buzzing inside my head.

Spotting Harry, was the hard part. Because it was then that I realized everything was in fact, real. I actually went on a date with a killer...and I am actually about to confront that said killer right now.

But as I'm leaning against my locker, frozen in place and watching his delicate body slowly stroll down the hall, face firm, mind set, I ask myself - why haven't I called the police yet?

I knew it wasn't out of fear, I think it's because I feel deep down there's someone who actually has a story, a soft part to them that's just waiting to be found by the right person.

He did ask me on a date, and planned to reschedule because it didn't go as planned, so maybe that's why I'm resisting the urge to run and yell at the top of my lungs who he really is.

He probably does that to all the girls he kills. My conscious wakes up. He's probably just gonna use you then kill you.

Part of me thought the same, the other part wanted to know more. I wanted to see inside the mind of such a violent killer. What damaged him so bad, that he has to damage the lives of his victim's loved ones by killing such an innocent person.

He catches my gaze and immediately my breath hitches. I don't say anything as he walks closer. But as he catches up to me, I nod my head to the side as a signal for him to follow me.