18 °

k a r a

I wasn't completely against kick-boxing because I'm all for hitting stuff to get my anger out but I could be doing something productive right now. Like watching Netflix on my 80 inch HD tv that was just installed a few weeks ago. Or taking a spin in my new Audi R8 that my mom bought for me "just because".

Classic rich kid problems I know. But I'm pretty sure I already know everything they were going to teach me so what's the point?

My brother pulled up at the entrance of "Brown's Gym" and told me to text him when he should come pick me up, before speeding away down the street.

The gym was a longer drive than I expected. About 20 minutes into Brooklyn. I've never been to Brooklyn before but it was pretty rough from what I've seen at least.

I slung the bag over my shoulder and slowly strolled my way to the entrance. It was 5:40pm and I was supposed to be here 10 minutes ago but I have to show up late or else they'll start expecting me to come on time. It's logic.

In contrast to looking a bit run down on the outside, the inside of the gym was really not what I expected. It had a large ring in the middle with boxing bags, workout equipment, and individual rooms all around. Everything was the main colors, brown and grey and to be honest, I hate those colors but the way they made it all match up and tie into the theme of this place, was almost aesthetic like.

Feeling the slightest bit more energetic, but still zombie like, I make my way over to the desk at the side of the gym. "Hello! Do you have a private or group session, or are you here for the open gym?" The young lady asks me.

"Private lesson." I answer and she hands me a clipboard with a list of names previously written on, and a pen to sign.

After I hand it back she examines my name. "Kara Bailey?"

"Yup." I said a little too cheerfully for my liking.

"Mr. Irwin is in the back, I'll go get him. Wait one moment." She politely says and leave me to let my eyes wonder around the gym.

In a matter of seconds she returns with man who looked about 5'11 compared to my height of 5'7. He looked fairly young for me to call him Mr. so I hope he doesn't make me call him that

"Ashton." He holds a hand out for me to shake. I can't help but notice just how big his hands were. You know what they say about big hands....big feet. I let my eyes fall to the ground where his massive feet were planted.

Yup I was right.

"Kara." I introduce after a brief moment.

"You're late, Kara." He states.

"Yeah I live like 20 minutes away."

"I never asked." Well damn Mr. Irwin just be salty then. "You're gonna do 10 minutes of sprints to make up for the lost time." He leads me over to an empty corner and I drop the bag from my shoulder, going down to tie my shoes.

"Start sprinting around the gym and when 10 minutes is up, I'll let you know. If you stop running, the 10 minutes starts over again." He explains.