Chp.21

I finally reached the top of the mountain! The winds roared around me and I could hardly see anything. It was so cold up here that I couldn't even fly, my wings froze some 30 stories ago!
"Alex! Alex! I'm here!"
It's so cold up here even standing is an issue, the wind keeps pushing almost like it's dragging me to the floor.
"Alex please!" Suddenly a gust of wind threw me to the floor. I couldn't stop shaking,"I-i don't know what else you want me to do."
I sensed something, I turned as saw a figure walking towards me,"Alex?"
Suddenly a deadly arrow came flying throw the wind, it landed right in front of me.
I looked at the figure again, instead of seeing Alex like I hoped I saw
"Kenny!"
He roared as he tackled me.
We rolled, each struggling to get the other one off our necks, we ended up falling off the top of the mountain and on to a ledge. Luckily the snow gave us enough padding.
I quickly jumped off Kenny and raced back to the cliff edge,"Alex! Alex! Please change me back!"
Kenny tackled me again.
This time he grabbed my neck and shock my head, pounding it against the rock ground.
He rose, keeping his foot on my throat.
I can't breath!
He grabbed a knife from his coat.
No!
"Kenny! Kenny! Please!"
His face had a wicked smile attached to it,"you have no idea how much I'm going to enjoy this."
Kenny! Please don't do this!
I shut my eyes preparing to feel the blade, but instead I hear a roar and the weight on my neck is lifted. I cough as air rushes to my lungs.
"Jenna!"
"Sword?"
I look and see Kenny face first in a snow pile, and Sword standing above him.
Sword races over to me, and I embrace him in my arms.
After a long hug, Sword looks at my neck, I'm sure it's red from being stepped on.
"I'm sorry."
"No no! This is all my fault, you had no part in this. I just-I just can't believe you came!" I can feel hot tears roll down my face.
I thought I'd never see him again!
"Well I had to, I love you after all."
That makes the tears come even more,"sword!"
I lean in for a kiss.

(Narrator's POV)
Kenny slowly arose from the snow bank. The male creature rammed him against the cliff, and now he could barely move.
But he had too!
This was the only chance he had to get back at the monster who killed his sister! He had to do this for her!
Kenny prepared one more arrow and aimed for the male.
His hands shook for the cold and pain.
Kenny took one long breath and then fired.

Jenna saw the arrow coming and knew what she had to do. To her it all seemed slow motion even though in reality it was seconds.
"No!"
She grabbed Sword and spin him around so she would face the Arrow's blow.
"Jenna!"
She waited for the arrow to hit her but it never came.
"What?"

(Jenna's POV)
I looked for the arrow but it was no where to be seen.
What happened to it?
I looked at Sword, his eyes wide.
"What?"
"Ni cûste e tu." What?
Wait! I looked at my hands, no markings.
My hair was back to being it original color.
"I'm human again." I thought out loud.
"Jeńa."
I looked at Sword, he seemed bigger now. Navis are larger than humans, I never realized how much until now.
"Eht gîzz uuh?"
Somehow I could understand him, I don't know how to speak navi language but somehow I can understand him.
"Sword, I-" I'm cut off my a pain in my side!
Arrgh! That hurts!
I look to my left side and see a burn mark on my ribs, blood is everywhere!
What?
"Jeńa!" Sword holds me and sees my side. It hurts to breath!"ni kaz, um iiu angkrx."
Suddenly I feel blood on my face. I look at Sword's shoulder, a giant arrow is lounged into him!
"Sword!" I reach for the arrow.
"Ni ni, um niee. Mtiz hus."
He looks in the direction that I was hit from and his eyes grow wide,"add?"
I look at see, a whole clan of navis!
In front I see a navi who looks like the leader, with his one hand shifted into a weapon that looks like a cannon.
Did he hit me?
"Add, atic ni forto!"sword looks pissed at the guy.
"Oiy, ume. Ut ni ee con gijas."
"Ni! Ut nite lovtzx gijas!"
Sword and the other navi continue to argue while I look in the other direction. I wish I hadn't because I saw who attacked sword,"dad?"
He's with his Hunting group. Kenny is standing but two of the hunters are holding him up.
My father readies his arrow again.
"No!" I hug Sword and look at my father. I use any part of my body I can to protect him.
My father looks at me, and lowers his arrow.
"You don't darn him! You hear me? Don't you dare!"
He looks at me wide eyed then shakes his head. I swear he looks like he's smiling. He looks to the navi clan leader and speaks.

(Narrator's POV)
The two leaders looked at the others army, then back at their children.
Each thought one was in danger of the other.
"Leader of the creatures." The human stated."I wish you and your species no harm. I want my daughter. If you put your weapons down, I'll put down mine. Then we can both get the young ones. Can you understand me?"
The navi could but didn't make any movements.
The human Hunter didn't know if they had a deal or not. He looked at his daughter and saw she was having difficulty staying awake with her injury. He knew the creature would soon be unconscious too since his Hunter hand put sleeping venom on the arrow that pierced his skin.
The venom was already taking effect, Jenna was starting to panic as Sword put more and more of his weight on her.
The human Hunter knew he needed to go now before Jenna got any weaker. He took a step forward and no navi or human moved. The human Hunter took more and more steps towards his daughter. Eventually the navi did too. Soon they both were close enough to there children to where they could grab them.
Sword was completely unconscious now and Jenna kept screaming his name.
"Sword! Sword! Wake up!"
The two adults grabbed their children, they both were still able to be held.
Jenna kicked and screamed as she was carried away, her father expected this was because of blood loss.
"No let me go! Stop it! SWORD!"
Jenna kicked and screamed even more now, but her father continued to ignore it. The two species now started heading down the mountain, in opposite directions.
Jenna screamed and screamed Sword's name, but her yells were in vain. Sword was completely unconscious and couldn't hear a thing.

When the two species left the mountain, Alex came out of hiding from the shadows. Spirits of the dead are excellent hiders.
Alex was confused, the two clans shouldn't have meet like that, why did they then?
Alex saw Blade on the mountain top, making something out of snow.
Alex knew that Blade was the one who caused this, he had to know why. Blade of course wouldn't elaborate, he was always known for his secrecy. Blade however did sooth Alex's worries and told him that it will all end like he originally planned.
Alex asked Blade if he was sure it would end like he planned, after all his sister's happiness is what he always wanted to give her. Blade reassured him again, telling him that "love always is the strongest of gifts."