Chp.15

Toucana leads us to an empty part of the forest. 
"Hey Felipe. Where you at?"
Sword and slowly look around. I see a pair of yellow eyes in the bushes. I move slowly towards them.
Suddenly those eyes leap out of the bushes, and I'm pushed to ground and covered in something wet.
"Jenna!" Sword try's to pull the animal off me." Hey off of her you mangy mutt!"
The dog looks at sword and now pounces
on him. Giving him licks just like he had mine.
"Awe, Sword you made a friend."
He looks at me unimpressed with my joke.
"Toucana?" He lands on a branch near by." Tell me this isn't Felipe."
"Oh-"
Before Toucana can finish a giant bird swoops down and grabs the dog off of Sword. Sword yelps as the bird comes by him, the bird takes the dog into the shadows of the forest.
Oh my god! It ate the dog!!
The bird returns and stands on the ground, none of branches could hold its weight. It unfolds it wings, they block the sun. It's neck stretches up, it looks at me, with eyes red I back away, just when I think it's  about to say something I hear a laugh. It's laughing!
"Oh man! The look on your faces."
"Excuse me?"
"Hey Toucana! These the two you were talking about?"
"Yeah Felipe they're the ones."
"You're Felipe?"
"Feathers and all beautiful." He bows to me, winking. Sword grabs my hand pulling me close.
Toucana flys down grabbing the chain." These two lovebirds need this off."
Felipe grabs it with one foot. His claws are the size of Toucana let alone his whole foot.
"Oh my. You really got yourselves in a bad one huh?"
"Can you get them out Felipe?" Toucana asks.
"Can you?" Sword asks as well, more doubting than asking.
Felipe looks unimpressed with Sword's doubt." Follow me."

"Ok. Now this is your chain." Felipe shows us a stick. Felipe took us to an old abandoned human warehouse, it's full of tools and other strange junk. "I will push you two towards the machine and the chain will break."He flips on the machine. It roars to life making sure everyone knows it's away, and cranky. The blade is moving so fast it makes my head spin, I look back at Felipe. He's moving to the machine and pushing the stick. He's saying something but I can't understand hear what it was. Once the stick hits the blade: BOOM!
The stick breaks in half but one half falls into the blade causing it to stop instantly. Felipe screams in rage. I bend down and plug my ears; he's just as load as the damn machine was! Toucana tries to calm Felipe down, but has little luck. Oh god this can't be good!
Felipe grabs another blade only he has to hold this one. He starts is up, it makes a noise like the big blade only a little less awful.
"I'm gonna get that damn thing off then you're going to pay me to fix my main saw!" Felipe yells. He charges after us, Sword grabs my hand we flew out of Felipe's shop.
Toucana is flying behind trying to calm Felipe, but he doesn't want to get anywhere close. Sword and I run as fast as we can. These birds are nuts! He's all mad at us because he stupid blade broke?! Now I understand why Sword doesn't like birds so well.
We lose Felipe in the forest. He keeps calling our names but isn't chasing us anymore. It gives us enough time to hide in a tree. Sword climbs up first and lowers his hand to pull me up. I'm almost completely up, but suddenly I feel an electric shock race through me. It's Felipe! He's taking another blade to the chain, it's smaller but just as deadly! I scream from the pain and fall to on top of Felipe. His red eyes now look like they have a taste for blood! Felipe still has the blade and raises it up from the chain. Damn! He hit the chain just in the right spot, now shocks are coursing through my body. Felipe roars at me," you want that chain off alright then I'll get it off! Along with your whole legs!"
"Just chili out okay!" As I yell this ice starts forming around Felipe, casing him in an ice prison. Did I just do that?! "What..."
"Jenna! Are you okay?"
And at that moment it might have been because of the fact that the bird that went psycho was now an ice sculpture, or from the shocks of the chain, but what every it was it caused me to pass out.

In the darkness I feel myself shaking. Why? I'm not cold. Wait! I'm not shaking. I'm being shook! I slowly open my eyes and see Sword holding me. His eyes are red and puffy. He's yelling my name but it's so muffled I can't respond. Sword lightly sets me down and turns behind him; there Toucana stands. He looks just as concerned as Sword did. Sword stands up and looks at the the birds he's yelling at him,I really can't hear what they're saying. I just want to sleep. I feel so tired, sleep sounds so good. Yeah sleep. Sleep is good.

(Sword's POV)
I carried Jenna in my arms, trying not to wake her. After what he did to her I'm getting the hell away from those psychotic birds! They could have killed her! They almost did too! Humans don't know how powerful they make their machines, in one snap a human trap can kill you.
Eventually I find a little old abandoned den, perfect for two. I lay her down on a pile of old leaves, she's still unconscious.
"Jenna wake up. I'm not dragging you all the way back to the creek." I tease her, but I don't get a response." Come on. Wake up." I order her, a bit more worry in my voice than I expected." Jenna? Hey you better get up. Remember you gotta get to the Spirit mountain." She still lays there. I move close by her, removing a hair from her face. When my fingers touch her skin I rest my hand on her cheek." Jenna please. I can't do this on my own. We're a team, so please just wake up." I let my thumb rub against her cheek. Placing my forehead against hers." Please wake up. I need you."
I look her, waiting to see her beautiful blue eyes again. Come on Jenna! I lean in closer, soon my lips are pressed against her. I try my hardest to be gentle not to wake her, but I'm interrupted by a certain someone.
"Oh! I knew you were lovebirds I knew it!"
I quickly pull back. Toucana! I stand up he's sitting on a whole in the den. The chain doesn't stretch anymore but now the blockers that didn't allow Jenna to use her magic or me to shift my arm, don't apply. My hand quickly shifts into a long blue sword. In the night it shines, showing off its sharpness: it's deadliness.
"You got some nerve there, Oca bird!" I point my sword and him. All the color in his face is gone." Don't try to move, you fly away and I'll cut off your head! Tell me do Oca birds survive without a head like chickens?"
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I didn't know Felipe would do that! Please believe me!"
I'm about to stay something but then I hear a moan from Jenna's lips." Jenna!"
I sit next to her, she slowly opens her eyes. Once her eyes focus and she sees me, she smiles. She's so pretty when she smiles." Sword..."
Her voice is ruff and weak.
"It's okay. We're away from those birds. I'm so sorry. I should have never let them hurt you!"
She places a hand on my cheek," it's okay. We're both fine, that's all that matters."
She can barely keep her eyes open. "Yeah." I stand up and am ready to continue with Toucana." Get some rest okay? You earned it."
"Sword..." I turn back." Stay with tonight." I look at Toucana, he turns to fly away. He looks back at me, his eyes say he's sorry, but he won't say it with words. He flys away from the den. Good riddance.
I lay in the leaf pile with Jenna. She's using my chest as a pillow. "Thank you." Her wings wrap around her like a blanket and she soon her breathe is in a sleeping pattern.
I kiss the top of her head, looking back outside of the den, Toucana is standing in front of the den. He wants to say something but I speak first.
"Don't ever talk to us again!"
He turns away again and flys off, this time he doesn't come back.