Chp. 19

That night all the navis had a huge celebration. The winter was tight around the corner and the elders would be back any day now. During the celebration people dance and tell stories of what happened to them during the summer. Usually people tell funny or life changing stories, and everyone listens. The way people are chosen to tell the story, is by throwing around the body of the biggest fish that was caught this year. And guess who's fish that was?
"Jenna? In a little bit we'll start telling the stories, I'll come find you so you can throw your fish to start of the stories okay?"
"Sure Cloud."
That's right this navi!!! The girl who hadn't caught a fish ever caught the biggest one of the year!! Hee hee!
"You still on cloud nine about the whole fish thing?" Sword smirks.
"Yeah!"
"Oh course you are." He laughs.
Everyone is dancing night now. It's some kind of group dance. It looks like a lot of fun, but I'm don't know how to do it so I'd probably just make a big fool of myself. To bad it'd be nice to dance with Sword. The song ends and the younger navis leave the dance area.
It's a romance song.
It's actually kinda pretty. You can't help but hum along.
Suddenly I feel my someone grabbing my hand and dragging me to the dance floor.
"Sword?"
He doesn't say anything. Jut continues to drag me.
We get into the center of the floor. He grabs one of my hands and places his other on my hip.
"Sword?" I repeat.
"Shhhh. Just dance with me for a minute okay?"
I nod and place my free hand on his shoulder.

The song continues and Sword and I continue to dance. I don't want this song to ever end.
I press my forehead against Sword's.
"Sword about what you said earlier..."
"Let's not talk about that, just dance with me for a while."
"But Sword I want to-"
"Hey Jenna."
Sword and I jump.
It's Cloud!
"Sorry about ruining the moment but we're about to start you ready?"
Sword lets go of me. It's hurts having him push me away like that.
"Yeah...I'm ready."

As the sun starts to set everyone begins to get ready for the story event. I wait for everyone to sit and then begin the event like Cloud explained to me.
"Is everybody ready?" They start to cheer."Alright. Alright I won't keep you waiting. Navis new to this let me explain the event. If you have a story to tell you can only tell the story about your summer if you have this fish."I show them my blue fish, it sparkles even more with the sun going down."Now is everyone ready?" The cheer again."Okay let the stories begin!"
The evening goes on with story after story.
This is actually a lot of fun, I wish my village did things like this.
"And then all of a sudden I heard someone scream."
"Help!"
"At first it was soft but it grew loader and loader."
"I said help me!!"
What was that? I start looking around.
"Then all of sudden I heard a crash! BAM! Then when I went to-"
"HELP!!"
Suddenly someone comes flying in the air. Well trying to fly anyways.
"Somebody help me I can't-" he smacks face first into a tree near by.
Some navis 'ooh' or make other comments of the crash.
Who the hell is that?
Soon the guy who crashed comes over to everyone. He titters back and forth until he's able to lean against a rock.
Who is this navi. He looks like a little kid.
"Hey it's Jetpack!"
"Nice of you to crash and stop by. Ha ha!"
"Shut up Flames! Nobody asked you!" Jetpack snaps.
"Well at least you came back before the end of the story event. Here." Cannon tosses him the fish,"Don't make it too long for once will you."
"Okay here goes, but I think you'll like this story. My story is about facing the most terrible animal in the world and how i was saved by Blade!"
Everyone in the crowd all yells 'what' at the same time.
"Okay. Okay I think we all want to hear about that story Jetpack."
"I thought you'd say that. Well let's see where to begin?" I look at Sword he seems real into this story. Make sense since it's about his brother, but why was Blade with this little kid?
"Alright. So awhile ago I was out going by the human villages. Blade and I had been given the tasks of collecting tree sap for winter. We went to the human village by giant glaciers. There they had a huge about of sap! It was wonderful. We were out celebrating just before we were going to head back, but then all of a sudden Blade pushes me into the bushes and tells me to hide. He heard something. I soon felt something too, there was something coming towards us. Getting closer and closer, then all of a sudden a human Hunter appears!" Navis gasp."and get this it's a girl human!"more gasps."Blade tells the human to leave us alone, but the human won't listen. She's looking for a fight and yells,'come on creature show me what you got!'"
Wait! That's what I said when I attacked the navi! Does that mean-
"The two fight and fight and then Blade punched her in the side."I hold the spot where the navi punched me."then two male hunters come. It's a whole clan! All ganging up on him!"
As Jetpack explains more and more about his event the more and more I realize that that girl Hunter was me! And if that Hunter was me that means-
"Then the human and Blade fell off the cliff until POW! Blade emerged from the water! But there was no sight of the human."
Blade was the navi I blamed for killing Alex! Blade was the navi I-
'Our brother is dead because of the monster!'
'I don't blame the creature Jenna!'
'Why don't you realize animals can't love!'

No! No! No! No! No!
I start breathing really hard!
I need to get out of here!!
"Jenna? Hey what's wrong? Come on talk to me?" I look at Sword but I can't look at him right now. How could I?
I push my way away from Sword and get away from all the navis.
"Jenna? Jenna! Come back!"
I ignore Sword and keep getting away. I run into the woods by the creek and get as far away as possible from everyone. I end up on a cliff over looking mountain dead. The colors come to life as the evening turns to night.
That just reminds me more and more of the mistake I made.
I can't do anything but sit on the cliff and wrap my wings around myself.

'Our brother is dead because of that monster!'
That monster wasn't Blade! No! I shouldn't have killed him! He wasn't responsible for Alex's death it was all my fault! I'm the monster! I'm the monster! I'm the monster that killed both mine and Sword's brother!