Chp.5

That evening everyone returned to the cave to honor the passing of my brother. I have only been to a few passing ceremonies most of which are excepted because the person who passed was ready to go up with the spirits, but when passing like my brothers happen I always feel the ceremony is much more sad. the air feels different. my brother was not ready to join the spirits but yet he's up there now.
I look at the sky, there I see the spirit light. it's a natural light that occurs in the sky every night. it's of all different colors showing all the animals and humans that have became a spirit.
"Alex..." I let a tear roll down my face. "you should've stayed." he should have. and he would if it wasn't for that damn creatures fault! He did this to my family! He caused my brother to die! He killed my family! I need to make him pay!

I load up on supplies we'll need. I sharpen my knives and Kenny's, he'll want revenge too! I find him in the cave looking up at the spirit light. he looks at me and smiles. he's holding his stone that shows his guide on it. I still have mine in my pocket from earlier.
"Are you ready Kenny?"
"For what?"
"To bring honor to Alex and get the creature."
he looks at me with sadness it hurts him to hear Alex's name. it hurts me too.
"Jenna I know you're upset, but killing that creature isn't the right thing to do. we should wait for dad to come back and be with him. together as a family."
Dad left right after I was given my guide. he's miles away waiting for him won't get anything done!" You want to sit here and wait. our brother is dead and it's because of that thing!"
"You can't blame it all on the creature Jenna, we all have a responsibility for it, some more then others."
He thinks it my fault!
"Killing the creature won't help anyone and then that creatures family will go through what we are going through."
"You think creatures care for one another?! They're monsters! We are the only ones that love each other Kenny! Animals can't love! If you loved Alex you'd do something about his death!"
I feel streams running down my face. I leave Kenny he can stay and wallow, but not me. I bump into lady mona. she looks at me with a caring face like always, I think she heard me and Kenny. I take out my guide stone, the girl in the heart is looking at me. she almost looks sad too. but she looks more like an animal then a person if she was real she won't be sad! I toss the stone on the floor lady Mona gently picks it up and holds it with love. like a damn rock needs love. I roll my eyes in discuss and head out to find the creature.

I looked all last night and all of today but have had no luck with finding the creature.
"Damn thing probably left already!" I stop at a berry garden. I haven't eaten all day. just as I'm about to eat some I hear a growl followed by some strange gibberish I know all to well; the creature. I hide in the bush of all the damn places I find him in a berry garden! Soon everything is quite, too quite. I ready my knives breathing slowly. here goes nothing. I leap out to a clearing ready to face the creature. only he's not here. I look around and see him fleeing. you not running away again! I chase after him. the creature sees me following him and picks up his pace. I eventually chase him up a mountain, no escape now!
"we meet again huh?"
The creature responds in gibberish it's taunting me! I charge at it only to be almost stabbed by his blades. he hits the same side that still was a little sour and send me flying. I almost roll off the edge but luckily stop myself. on a mountain not to far from me I see "Kenny?!"
"Jenna! Hold on I'm coming!"
The creature picks me up and throws me again. I spit up some blood I run to a mini peak on the mountain top hoping to catch me breathe. the creature follows and starts cutting at the peak. when he gets most of it cut, that's right he cut threw rock, he looks at me. his eyes reminds me of Alex. they remind me of the brother I lost. the person who this creature killed! I scream and roll off the creatures back. he stares at me I take this as my time to charge he sees I'm charging and charges to, I grab my spear at prepare to revenge my brother.
"You killed my brother now I'll kill you!"
A scream fills the air.