Chp.17

Poor Kenny, what has happened to you? You're not the same brother I remember.
"Can you believe that human; hunting us like that he should find a better hobby. What'd we ever do to them?"
"You know why he hunts us: we're animals. You guys are food and were navis- it's only natural he hunts us: we're killers."
"Killers?! Who? You? No. Ms.navi you're far from a killer you're not like that neither is mr.navi."
"Yeah but what about other navis? Most navis will look for humans just to start a fight. Humans have families to tack care of they have people who love them: animals like us can't love.""
"What?! I love Reggie more than anything in the world. He's my other half, I know he can be a bit much at times but he always puts me first and I always put him first: I know we love each other than life itself. Also Ms.navi in all my years I've never seen a navi attack a human like he did us, and aren't you forgetting he attacked us, and we're just trying to get home. Animals can love ms.navi, don't you love mr.navi?"
"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm.... well... Do I? Whenever I'm with him I can't help put smile, and my heart beats really fast too. He drive me up a wall sometimes but then something happens and I can't stay mad at him for too long, plus he's saved me more times then I can count if not for him I'd still be stuck up in a tree." The more I think about our time together the more and more it comes clear.
"That sounds like love to me."
I'm in love with Sword!!?!!
When I say it my head it makes my cheeks glow red but it feels right to say those words.
But does he love me? He did say he'd never date a girl like me... and he always has to save from something: the tree, the first time I saw Kenny, when I almost fell off the cliff, and at the geysers. If I wasn't chained to him he'd probably would've left me back at the tree and who knows where I'd be now.
"Oh look at your face, you do love him don't you?! Does he love you?! Oh how great! When's the mating ceremony? Can I come?"
"What are you talking about back there?" Reggie calls from ahead with Sword.
"None of your business Reggie!"
He quickly quiets and returns to talking with Sword.
Suddenly Reggie and Sword stop.
Why?
"Look Betsy: the meadow!"
Betsy runs forward knocking me down, Sword tumbles too because of the chain.
"Oh it's beautiful!"
When I stand again I get a look at the meadow: it's gorgeous!
Flowers and trees and green green grass. It's so peaceful, like a picture from a fairy tale.
"This is the meadow you've always been talking about?!"
We then see a herd of cows grazing. The look at Betsy and Reggie, inviting them to join. Reggie and Betsy even recognize some of them.
Betsy takes no time and runs to join them.
Reggie says good bye and quickly joins them.
I watch them join them herd; they look really happy. It makes me sad thoughts to watch them go, I'm sure cows aren't that sentimental but even though those two where probably the stupidest cows I've ever met, they were probably the most best of friends I've ever met. Without them I'd had never met Sword.
Betsy turns back to us, I mouth 'thank you' to her, she smiles and bows then joins Reggie in the herd.
Goodbye Betsy, I'll never forget you.

Sword and I now have been walking side by side. We've mostly been making small talk about this and that.
"Do you have any sisters?"
"No. You?"
"No just brothers."
"Yeah I have an older brother: Blade. He'll probably chew my ass about being gone so long."
"That's what my older brothers do, well Kenny wouldn't, he's the middle child so he's carefree most of the time. My other big brother was the responsible one. He always got us out of trouble and never told dad unless Kenny made me upset over something." I smile remembering all the time Kenny took something of mine and I threw a temper tantrum, then Alex would yell at him and tell dad until Kenny gave me back whatever I was upset about. They were temper tantrum times but good times.
"But now..." Alex is gone and those times will never happen again." With Alex gone..."
Sword squeezes my hand, giving me a comforting smile.
Suddenly we hear to people yelling.
"TIMBER!"
A tree starts to fall down to us, Sword and I run for cover.
The tree falls with a loud thud, birds fly away from the noise, some even yell at us for cutting down the tree.
Who made such a huge tree fall?
"Ha good Axe, now we'll have plenty of wood for the snow dance." Says a navi coming from where the tree once stood; he has green markings on him.
"Don't celebrate yet Crash, we still gotta get this to the creek." Says another with red markings.
The creek?! Does that mean they're-
"What the hell Crash!" Sword yells at Crash.
"Well if it isn't little boy blue." Compared to Crash, Sword looks like a toothpick.
"You almost killed us."
"Didn't you hear me yell timber."
"I remember you yelled timber."
"See Crash remembers I yelled timber." Axe grabs Sword putting him in a head lock," I think they're something in your ears little blue." He teases.
Suddenly Axe notices me and drops Sword. He and Crash run to both sides of me. Uh oh!
"Well hello. Hello. Pinky."
"How ya doing blondie?"
"Hey if you ain't got a date for the dance I'd gladly take you." He hold my chin with his fingers, the Axe slaps his hand away.
"No way do she's coming with me. I can show her my Axes, anywhere you want to see them blondie just say." He smirks.
They say their stupid pick up lines right in my face, God their breath is terrible!
"What're you doing here, I've never seen you here before."
"Yeah I'd remember a cutie like you."
Sword yanks me to his side, protectively blocking me from Crash and Axe, I'm so close to him I think my heart might explode.
"She's with you?" Axe asks surprised.
"Who'd a thought a  pip squeak like you get a fox like her?"
I'm right here guys.
"Shut up! Now can you two get this off?"
Sword holds up the chain, Crash grabs it and starts examining it,"How the hell you get yourself caught in one of these?"
"Be nice to boy blue don't wanna embarrass him in front of his date to the snow dance. And you told everyone that you weren't taking no one. Hey blondie can you freeze the chain for me." I do. This magic thing isn't really that hard, I guess once you've lifted a cow any magic is possible." Thanks babe."
"Don't call her/me that!" Sword and both snap in unison.
"See she is little boy blue's girl."
"Oh Blade will be so proud." Axe teases wipe ng a imaginary tear from his face.
I hear Sword growl under his breath, don't blame him either.
"There that should do it, one more crack and it'll break."
"Thank you guys so much!"
"Anything for you Blondie."
Suddenly we all hear a horn.
"Shit! Cannon is getting impatient!"
"His temper is shorter than a fuse!"
"No time for puns Crash, grab the base and let's go! You wanna repeat of last year?"
Crash quickly runs to the tree base and the two run off.
Sword takes one swing at the chain and it shatters.
I'm free... I'm free.... Yes!!!! I'm free!
I don't what take over me up, I really want to try out these wings. I take one giant flap and I soar to the sky.
It's beautiful up here! I'm as tall as the trees, I can see everything up here. The clouds, the sky, the birds, even Sword is down below looking up at me smiling. I smile and flap down.
"You really couldn't wait to get away from me?" He teases.
"Oh shut it!" I say playful punches his shoulder.
He grabs me hand we starts to head in the same direction as Crash and Axe went.
"Where are we going?"
"Where do you think, the creek." Sword starts running, I have no choice but to follow since we're holding hands. It's like I'm being pulled, "come on Jenna! Faster!"
We run and run until all of a sudden there's no ground under my feet.
What!?!!
Down below is what looks like a lake,
It's getting bigger as Sword and I fall closer to it.
I scream due to the fact that I'm now plummeting to my death.
"Sword!"
"Whoooooooo!!"
"This is not a time for fun!"
We splash into the water.
I quickly swim up, luckily the water was deep enough to where we didn't hit a rock bottom. Once my head is out of the water I take some deep breathes. I swim over to a rock and rest my upper body on it.
Hey! Where's Sword?
I start looking around. Where'd he go? He just runs me off a cliff and leaves! Granted that was actually kinda fun now that I know we weren't going to die and all-
Suddenly the rock I'm laying in starts to move!
What the hell!?
The rock grows in size, almost tripling. Once the rock stands, I realize it's not a rock.
It's a navi!!!!!
He has a giant fish in his mouth, he throws it in the air and shallows in it in one gulp.
Sword!!!
I starts to quickly flee, only to see more giant navis feasting on fish.
There's hundreds of them!! Sword!!
Two of them approach me from my left, then two more from my right. It's then I do the only thing natural, I know if you were in my situation you'd do the same. I screamed bloody murder.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHhHhHhHhHhHhHhHhhhh..."wait there not attacking me. "Huh?"
"Listen screechy try not to scare away everyone's lunch okay?" The navi I thought was the rock.
"Yeah. You're releasing a lot of negative energy right now, and the fish can sense that they'll probably give you bad karma."
What?!
"Don't listen to Psychic,"says the rock look a like, "say who are you I've never seen you here before. Was that you who poking me?" As he asks me questions I notice something in the water getting closer and closer to us. Is that-
"Arggghh!" Sword pounces out of the water and attacks rock boy.
The two wrestle in the water until Sword is in a head lock.
Sword!
He's laughing. Sword is laughing?
"Well well well, little blue shows his face finally. About time. And you thought you could get me back? Ha! You're stupider than your brother."
"Ha! Ha! Give me a break Cannon. You know I got you."
"Hell. no. you. didn't!" Cannon corrects.
"Come Jenna tell Cannon I got it, you were talking to him. Thanks for he distraction by the way."
"Please," Cannon drops Sword in the water."wait you're with him?!"
"Ummmm..."
Sword pops back up next to me,"Jenna I'd like to meet Cannon. He runs the show when the elders are gone getting what they can before winter hits."
"I'll be damn. You are with him! Where you from?" He starts coming towards me, I slowly back away.
"Well that's hard to explain. I've been almost everywhere so it's hard to exactly say where I'm originally from. Get it?" I can't tell him I'm from human lands.
"No." Cannon states.
Great.
Sword grabs my hands,"lay off Cannon. It doesn't matter. She's a navi like us, you take your job too seriously. Clouds ain't going to give you the time of day if you're all work work work."
His face goes red,"what-how'd-Blade!!"
"Speaking of him you seen him around? I want Jenna to meet him."
"No! But when I do!!"
Sword and I quickly leave Cannon as he screams about all the stuff and ways Blade's head will be ripped off.
"What was that all about?"
"Oh Cannon gets mad when Blade runs his motor mouth to everyone. Blade told me that he's gotta a huge thing for Cloud, so any chance I get I tease him about it. He'll never get the guts to talk to her. Ha!"
Sword been smiling ever since we got here. Seeing him so happy makes my heart pound so fast.
"Jenna, this the navi creek!"
Sword shows me the most beautiful place I've ever seen.
"Look at all the navis!!" There's hundreds of them.
"Of course, this is our home."
There's hundreds of waterfalls and green grass everywhere. Navis are doing cannon balls and splashing around and having fun. It's so peaceful.
Sword grabs my hand and starts to pull me along to the water and everyone. I stop him.
"What's wrong?"
"Well, it's just I don't think I belong there. Down there with everyone." Down there with you.
"Hey. Of course you do Jenna. You're a navi. Everyone will love to meet you. You never came here before right?" I nod," don't worry everyone will love, I know I already do."
Did he just say!
"Like in a family sense I mean," he clarifies.
Oh...
"....come on let's get going!" Sword starts to pull me to meet everyone.
You know for a second there I could of sworn Sword's face turned red, but maybe hat was just wishful thinking.