I ran inside my big, empty home and jumped in the shower. The water washing away my dirt, if only it washed feelings away.

I towel dried my hair and slipped on my underwear and a robe. I heard shaking in the hall way. I mentally freaked, biting my lip. I grabbed my loofa and prayed what I heard was nothing because otherwise me and my loofa were dead meat.

I opened the door a smidgen and peeped out as someone grabbed the handle and yanked it out my grasp.

I yelped and started swinging my loofa like a maniac. Screaming and kicking, I felt the person pick me up.

"Sky!....Sky!....Shit!" They yelled and the light flicked on. I caught sight of the tattoo he'd gotten in high school that he'd only told me about.

"Rickey, shit!" I said to my brother as he laughed.

"Hey, Sky. I'd ask how you are, but from the looks of it you're...angry or completely out your mind. That loofa is a weapon!" He said and I laughed dropping it to hug him.

"Rickey! I missed you!" He laughed. "Can't say the same." He replied as I stared at his welted chest.

"What are you doing home?" I asked as I stood up and rearranged my robe. "I came to visit Mom. I didn't know she was sick until last week. She called me and said she wanted to see me." He said and I sighed.

My mom didn't give birth to Rickey. My dad had a wife before my mom who passed away while giving birth to Rickey. Our mom adopted him, so legally he is her child, but I know Rickey misses his mom he never met.

"You have one of the kindest souls." I said smiling. "Where's your girlfriend?" I asked and he sighed. "I had to dump her. She wasn't right for me." He said back.

"Yeah, she seemed like a bitch when she came over here." I said and he laughed.

"Where's your guy?" He asked and I sighed.

"His house."

"And you're here?" He asked. "Long story."

"Okay." He said and I laughed. "Get dressed, crazy. I'm glad you're home, but I'm hitting the haystack." I said to him and he laughed.

I went to my room and laid down. I tossed and turned until I found myself staring at the ceiling.

Pelt pelt pelt

I heard noises hitting my window. I walked over and saw the face I needed to see more than anything. I opened my window and he climbed up again.

"Hey, I couldn't sleep." He said to me and I pulled him down onto my bed. He cuddled close to me.

"I love you, longtime. It'll work, I promise." I said and he kissed my hair.

"Yeah."

**********
Strumming of a guitar and a husky voice awoke me. I stared at Matthew playing my guitar and singing. I'm sure I'm dreaming.

He sounded like a professional. He's sang before in front of me, only and that's like in the car to the radio and he was always playing around hiding his true voice. He had opened my blinds and he had his back to me. I smiled.

I want my life to be this way forever. Waking up to this beautiful scene. A smile on my face every morning due to one person.

I crawled out of bed slowly and took off my robe. I walked over to him quietly and kissed his neck. He got startled and stopped singing, placing my guitar on the window. He turned around and pulled me down on his lap. I kissed his sweet lips and he bit my lip slightly.

"You've been holding back on me with that voice." I said and he laughed.

"No, Blu. I don't sing. I was messing around." He said back as I trailed kisses on his collarbone.