chapter 22: This Is It Part II

"Ok, Finn and the groomsmen are in the church ready to go, now it's for you to enter, you ready?" Kurt asks.

Rachel takes a deep breath as Quinn hands her her bouquet. "Yes."

Kurt smiles and kisses Rachel on the cheek before proceeding into the church to make sure everything in there is set for Rachel's entrance. Rachel smooths her dress and stands behind Quinn with her bouquet in her hands. Her fathers come beside her, Leroy on the right and Hiram on the left, and she loops her arms in theirs. It was decided that both men will walk her down the aisle.

"You ready, Rachel?" Hiram asks his daughter.

Rachel turns to him. "Are you ready, dad?" she asks.

Leroy laughs and Hiram smiles. The church doors open and the bridesmaids start walking in with Santana leading them. Finn looks past them to Rachel with her veil down. He takes a deep breath and fixes his tie again. He looks at Puck who's distracted by Quinn's entrance. When Rachel starts walking in the instrumental to Journey's "Faithfully" starts playing. Rachel sniffles back some tears as she nears the altar where she can see Finn trying to keep himself from crying. She let's out a small laugh at how much he's failing.

The music ends when Rachel is in front of the altar, Leroy and Hiram let her go and both kiss her on the cheek before giving her away to Finn. Finn extends out her hand to her as he leads up the steps to face him. He gently lifts her veil. Carol Hudson wipes away a few tears as Burt pats her on the thigh. Quinn wipes away a tear as she gazes at Puck then at Finn and Rachel. Rachel gives Quinn her bouquet as she and Finn join hands. Kurt also wipes away a few tears as he sees his step-brother and future sister-in-law holding hands as the priest begins.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the union of this man and this woman in holy matrimony," the priest begins.

Finn gives Rachel his half-smirk as he rubs Rachel's hand with his thumb. They gaze into each other's eyes as the priest goes on about the ceremony. Their friends and family watch as the time for the vows creep closer and closer. Finally the priest announces it's time for Finn and Rachel to say their vows.

Finn goes first. He clears his throat as he begins, "Rachel, I love you. You saw someone worth of your patience, kindness, and compassion when I was lost and just letting everyone decide things for me. You took my hand and showed me what if feels like to sing and express myself in a different way. You treated me like a person who could do anything. You believed in me like I believe in you. I still believe in you. I'll always be your biggest fan, Rach. I can't imagine spending the rest of my life with anybody but you. You're my everything and I pledge-in front of all of our friend and family-that I'll cherish you, love you, and appreciate you forever. You've changed me, Rachel and I thank the heavens that you were brought into my life. I love you."

The priest smiles at Finn and turns to Rachel. "Rachel, it's your turn."

Rachel looks to the priest than at Finn, tears already falling down her cheeks. She nervously laughs as she composes herself to say her vows.

"Finn, from the very first day I met you I've known you were someone special. Never did I think you'd play a huge part in my life. You've inspired me to be a better person and think about others without getting something in return. You also have changed me in ways I cannot begin to count. I will always believe in you and support you in whatever you do. When everyone in our glee club didn't appreciate me, you were always that one person who loved me even when I was bossy and controlling. I can't imagine spending the rest of my life without you. I want to grow old with you, Finn and raise our grandkids or great grandkids together. I love you with all my heart and I vow to in front of our family and friends that I will love you, cherish you, and support you for the rest of our life together."

Finn sniffles back some tears as Puck pats him on the back also shedding some tears. He looks at Quinn, who's also crying her eyes out.

The priest clears his throat and begins. "Do you, Finn Daniel Hudson, take Rachel Barbra Berry as your beloved wife to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for rich or for poor, til death do you part?" he asks.

Finn smiles and squeezes Rachel's hands tighter. "I do," he responds with conviction that he'll be there for her every step of the way.

The priest turns to Rachel who's crying. "Do you, Rachel Barbra Berry, take Finn Daniel Hudson as your beloved husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for rich or poor, til death do you part?" he asks.

Rachel sniffles, nods, and squeezes Finn's hands tighter. "I do, with all my heart," she replies. Finn laughs at how dramatic she is.

The priest smiles and says, "You may now kiss the bride."

The whole church erupts in smiles as Finn and Rachel lean into each other to kiss for the first time that day. Finn deepens the kiss as he snakes his arm around Rachel's waste as Rachel touches his face with her hand. They finally let go and "Faithfully" restarts as they intertwine their hands and walk down the aisle towards the exit.