chapter 19: Blast from the Past

Finn stands in front of Mike Chang's apartment door, sweat coating his hands. How come he's sweating when it's like 30 degrees outside? He takes a deep breath as he rings the doorbell. As much as he'd love half naked women dancing in front of him, he'd rather be with Rachel.

"Well there's no turning back, now," he says to himself as he waits for someone to open the door.

The door opens to Puck with a beer in his hands. "Hey, man, come on in," he says opening the door wider so Finn can enter.

Finn wipes his shoes on the mat, takes off his coat and hangs it on the coat hangers by the door. He joins Puck, Mike, Artie, and Matt in the living room. On Mike's coffee table, all kinds of alcohol was sprawled all over the surface. Finn chuckles and takes a seat on the L-shaped couch next to Mike.

"You guys, I promised Rachel I wouldn't get drunk tonight," Finn says.

All of the guys laughed. "Hey, I promised Tina too, but what she doesn't know won't hurt her right?" Artie replies.

Puck holds up his glass of scotch. "Amen to that, buddy," Puck agrees. Mike and Matt do the same. Puck turns to Finn, "Are you going to pour yourself some fun and join us, man?"

Finn sighs, takes a glass from MIke, pours some Sky Vodka into his glass, and raises it to Puck's, Mike's, Artie's, and Matt's. "To dudes," he proclaims.

"To dudes," the four of them echo. They clink their glasses and drink the alcohol away.

Puck exhales sharply and pours another. "I can't wait till the strippers get here," he says.

"Me too, my friend said we hired the best in Ohio," Mike replies.

Puck cocks an eyebrow. "Quinn is going to hate me," he says mostly to himself.

An hour later, the doorbell rings. Mike wiggles his eyebrows as he goes to answer the door. Behind the door are six female strippers, one in a ringmaster's costume, two in police officers' uniforms, one in a fire fighter's uniform, one in a sexy nerd costume, and one in Wendla's costume from Spring Awakening.

"Hi," the ringmaster says seductively, "we're here for the bachelor party. I'm Candy, the ringmaster," she winks at Mike.

Mike chuckles. "This is the place, please come in," he replies.

Finn was talking to Puck when the strippers walk in, he looks at all of them and his eyes go wide at the one in the Wendla costume.

"Sydney?" Finn asks her.

Sydney looks at Finn and her eyes grow wide at the sight of him. "Finn, t-this is y-your bachelor party?" she asks astonished.

Finn gets off the couch. "Yeah, I-I'm getting married the day after tomorrow," he replies.

Puck looks in between Finn and Sydney and gets off the couch to say something. "Whoa, whoa," he turns to Finn, "this is Sydney, the one who is like flexible and stuff?" he asks.

Finn nods. "Yeah, this is the one," he answers reluctantly.

Puck turns to Sydney. "Wow!"

Sydney blushes. Candy scoffs and walks in between the three. "We are not here to re-visit each other's past, we're here to strip all right, Sydney?" she asks the brunette.

Sydney gives Finn an apologetic look before turning to Candy. "Yes," she answers.

Candy smirks. "Good, now let's get this show on the road," she announces as she cracks her whip.

Puck drags Finn down as he stares at Sydney as she starts to dance along with the music. He sighs and gets off the couch, receiving looks from Puck, Sydney, Mike, and Artie.

"I have to call Rachel," he says to Puck.

Puck nods in understanding and goes back to watching the girls. Finn walks to the bathroom, closes and locks the door. He takes out his cell phone and dials Rachel's number.

Berry's household. . . .

Rachel and the girls were playing the game of Finn again after the male strippers have left.

"Ok, my turn," Quinn says as Rachel looks at her.

"What does Finn think of when he's 'coming'?" she asks.

All the girls giggle and Carol shakes her head. Rachel looks at Carol and shrugs. "He thinks of the mailman," she answers confidently.

Quinn smiles. "You definitely know your fiance," she says.

Rachel throws her hands up in the air. "Yes I do," she replies.

She hears her phone ring and gets glares from Kurt, Quinn, and Mercedes. "Sorry, I need to take this," she says as she runs up to her room.

She closes the door and answers her phone. "Finn, what is it?" she asks.

Finn sighs. "I needed to hear your voice," he replies.

Rachel giggles. "Are you ok?" she asks, concern lacing her voice.

"A little, but I need to tell you something," he answers.

"You can tell me anything," she encourages.

Finn smiles and takes a deep breath. "My ex-girlfriend is a stripper," he admits.

"Is she one of the strippers at your bachelor party?"

"Yeah, she's in a white dress with like really long black stockings that go up to her thigh."

Rachel's eyes grow wide. "She's in a Wendla dress?" Rachel is shocked a stripper knew who Wendla and her costume was, instead of being jealous, she was impressed that Finn had picked her girl who was a little similar to her.

"What's that?"

"It's a character from 'Spring Awakening'."

"Oh, well she's here and I feel like I needed you because I-"

Rachel waits for him to continue. "You still have feelings for her?"

Finn can hear how broken Rachel sounds. "No, no, I'm just taken by surprise that's all. Don't worry, Rach, she can't change how I feel about you, no one can."

Rachel sniffles back some tears. "I trust you, Finn."

"I love you, Rachel."

Rachel smiles. "I love you, too, Finn. I have to go, I'll see you tomorrow morning."

"I can't wait."

Rachel giggles. "Me, too." They hang up and Rachel walks back downstairs. Finn walks back into the living room to find the strippers wrapping up their show. Sydney notices Finn coming out of the bathroom and walks towards him.

"HI, Finn," she greets.

"Hi, Sydney," Finn greets back.

"I'm sorry for the awkwardness, I wasn't informed that we would be entertaining at your bachelor party," she apologizes.

"It's ok, I wasn't that shocked," he lies.

Sydney laughs. "Goodbye, Finn," she says as she follows her co-workers out the door.

Finn sees Mike close the door and sighs. He feels a hand clamp down on his shoulder and Puck hands him a beer.

"She's hot, man," Puck says as Finn takes a sip of his beer.

"Nothing like Rachel, though,"Finn replies dreamily.