chapter 5: I Still Care About You

Finn sat in bed with his head resting against the headboard as he looked through an old scrapbook Rachel had made for his birthday before the last agonizing months of their relationship. It was happiness wrapped in a book. Each moment, including that special week, was in the book; from sophomore year to their sophomore year of college. Finn had felt a wave of nostalgia when he woke up. Yesterday had been a dream, Rachel had invited him, Quinn, and Puck over for dinner and no Jessie. Jessie had called Rachel and told her he would be eating dinner at his parents' house. Finn was shocked that Rachel didn't seem angry or disappointed in Jessie, Finn just smirked. Maybe she is getting over him; then why is she still wearing the ring? Finn quickly shakes the thought out of his head. He can't think that way, Rachel needs time. Finn turns the page to Will and Emma's wedding. Rachel looked beautiful in a gold gown while Finn looked dashing in a tuxedo. Finn chuckles to himself as he remembers Emma reprimanding Puck for drinking at her wedding. A knock pulls Finn out of the past. He looks up to find Puck standing in his doorway.

"Hey man, you want anything to eat? Quinn's getting lunch," Puck asks.

Finn shakes his hand. "No I'm good," he answers. Puck says something into the phone and ends the call.

"So what are you looking at?" Puck asks, walking into the room.

Finn looks at him incredulously, Puck was never one to be curious only when it came to girls. "It's a scrapbook. Rachel gave it to me on my 21st birthday," Finn answers.

Puck takes it from Finn and looks at the pictures from Will and Emma's wedding. He laughs as he sees a picture of him and Rachel dancing. He shows it to Finn. "Bet you were jealous of this one, huh, Finnessa?" Puck teases.

Finn laughs sarcastically, punches Puck in the shoulder, and takes the scrapbook from him. "You asked her, she was just being nice," Finn replies.

Puck laughs and gets off the bed, he turns to his best friend and says, "Uh-huh, sure." Finn shakes his head as he chuckles.

Rachel and Jessie are eating breakfast, Hiram and Leroy Berry had gone to work early. Rachel is eating her oatmeal as she twirls the music note necklace in between her fingers as she thinks of yesterday and Finn. Jessie notices this.

"Where'd you get that necklace from?" Jessie inquires.

Rachel snaps out of the past and stops twirling the necklace. Feeling a little guilty about what she was thinking about a few seconds ago. "Oh, a friend gave it to me for Christmas," she answers, not wanting to say it was Finn.

Jessie nods as he takes a spoonful of cereal. "It's a pretty necklace, you've worn that for a long time," he says.

"It's my good luck charm," Rachel replies. "So what are your plans for today?"

"Um, just hanging out with the team," he answers. "They want to meet you, Rachel."

Rachel scoffs. "They already know me, Jessie."

Jessie chuckles. "That was years ago, Rach, they've apologized for that."

Rachel shrugs. "I don't know. My friends would think I'm betraying them."

Jessie looks offended. "Why would they think that?"

Rachel sighs. "Jessie, it's just that, well, our teams weren't exactly friends in the past."

"I know, but it doesn't matter Rachel. My friends aren't going to prevent me from marrying you."

Rachel smiles and leans over to Jessie to kiss him.

Finn had nothing to do as he sits in the living room watching TV. He had contemplated on if he should give Rachel the CD. He even asked Kurt for advice. Finn was surprised that Kurt approved of the CD even though he had appeared annoyed. Finn sighs and reaches for the CD case, he looks through the transparent cover to see the CD. That CD contains all of his feelings for Rachel, the long years without her and the road to him realizing that he was and is a coward. Well not anymore, Finn thinks to himself. He turns off the TV, puts the CD in his pocket, and grabs his car keys off the coffee table. Finn has to do this, if not now than never. He suddenly finds himself on Rachel's road, his stomach doing somersaults as he parks his car on the curve in front of the Berry household. He hopes to God that Jessie isn't with her than the giving of the CD would be twice as awkward. He rings the doorbell and anxiously waits for her to answer.