chapter 10

Finn stayed behind, playing with his napkin and thinking of Rachel. He heard the auditorium doors open and he looks up to find his old teacher walking up to him.

"Mr. Schue, what are you doing here?" he asks as Will walks closer.

"I heard music coming from here when I was in my office. What was this for?" Will asks.

Finn chuckles and fixes his napkin on the table. "It was for Rachel, I wanted to show her how much she means to me and I sang to her," he answers.

Will smiles and crosses his arms. "Rachel's back, huh?"

Finn nods. "Yeah and she was engaged too but she's breaking it off as we speak."

Will looks at him incredulously. "You're telling me she's breaking up with the guy because of you?"

Finn looks at Will and nods guiltily. "Rachel loves me and I love her, Jessie was standing in our way."

Will shakes his head. "So history has repeated itself again. Well if you and Rachel are happy I guess this is for the better then."

Finn grins. "Thank you, Mr. Schue. And don't worry Rachel didn't cheat on Jessie with me."

Will nods. "Good, well I better go, Emma is cooking and Jason has friends over. Come by if you want."

Finn nods. "I think I will." He gets off the stage and Will and Finn hug. When they let go of each other, Finn follows Will out to the parking lot.

Rachel arrives in her room and sees that Jessie is on the bed with his shoes on, reading a book. She tries to control her temper, she hates it when he has shoes on her furniture. She knows he is only doing this to upset her. Mission accomplished, Jessie, ITALICSRachel thinks to herself.

"Hi, Jessie," Rachel greets. Jessie peeks out of the book, a smirk the size of Texas is across his face. Rachel rolls her eyes as she takes off her scarf.

"Hello, Rach," Jessie greets back in a teasing tone. Rachel freezes, he has never called her "Rach" before, only Finn calls her that. Jessie chuckles and puts down the book, watching as his fiancée shuffles around the room avoiding eye contact with him. "Look at me, Rach." There he goes again with the "Rach". Uh oh Jessie knows ITALICS.

Rachel sighs and faces to look at Jessie. "Jessie," Jessie cocks an eyebrow, "we need to talk."

Jessie smirks and gets off the bed. "I know, Rachel. When I came in here I saw the ring on your dresser. You think I don't know about Finn? And by the way, Rach," the condescending tone making her flinch, "I saw that stupid Backstreet Boys CD." Jessie was in front of Rachel already, staring her down.

Rachel tries to regain herself and stomps her feet down. "Jessie, I no longer want us to be engaged. I have come to my senses and I have concluded that you and I are not the same people we were. You seem more focused on your career and friends than on me. Finn has been patient with me and he is the man I want to marry. I will no longer hinder your chances of making it big beyond Wicked." Rachel relaxes a little as she gets that off her chest.

Jessie nods. "Fine, you are right. I don't need somebody like you to interfere with my career. Proposing to you was a mistake, maybe I was in love or in love with love. We both have fallen in love with love, right Rachel? When we were dating in high school, it was Finn that you loved, not me. I get it, if only you were honest with me from the beginning, but you were never honest with me."

Rachel tries to stop the tears from falling down but one betrayed her. Jessie chuckles as he witnesses that tear trickling down Rachel's cheek. "I was broken, Jessie and you helped me along the way. When I agreed to try again with you, I was lying but I knew that I could never fully be with you. I'm sorry, Jessie, I shouldn't have accepted your proposal in the first place. Just so you know, I did fall in love with you but I was blinded. When we arrived here, I was cured of my blindness by my friends."