Why not?

"I can't believe you're going out. With a guy." Sierra stated again, watching me put on my coat.

"Well, that makes two of us." I replied, pulling my hair from under my collar.

It was four to seven and I still had to put on my gloves and cap and stuff my feet into my boots. Which required a lot of time.

"No, but seriously." She stood leaning against one of the walls in the hallway, with her legs crossed at the ankles and digging around in a carton of ice cream with a spoon. "What happened to our no-male policy?"

I showed her my tongue like the mature adult I was.

"He promised me chocolate cake. I'd suffer through whatever to get it."

I guess suffering through years of eating disorders made one crave real food once they're more less back to normal.

She shrugged.

"You have chocolate cake at home."

"I'm pretty sure I don't. I bet you've already eaten it all."

"You're a terrible friend." She murmured, licking her spoon. "I preferred you when you didn't have a boyfriend."

"I still don't have a boyfriend." I said, putting on my cap.

She snorted in response.

I decided to ignore her and checked the time. It was two to eight, which meant Dominic was going to be here any -

AC/DC's Rock the House rang from my phone, signaling an incoming call. I didn't even need to check the screen to know who it was.

"If you don't eat all the ice cream, I'm going to try to be a good friend and snatch some cake in a napkin for you." I said, hiding the phone back in my pocket.

"Try to snatch anything away in a napkin and I'm not letting you into this apartment again."

I grinned.

"Fair enough." I pointed my finger at her. "But you still don't get to eat all of the ice cream."

"No promises."

Putting on my gloves, I headed for the front door.

"Don't stay up late!" I called over my shoulder.

"Don't make me an auntie!" She yelled back.

Showing her my middle finger, I burst out onto the corridor and run down the stairs.

"You still don't own a dress." Dominic welcomed me when I jumped into Sally's passenger seat.

"And you still don't own good manners." I fired back, fastening my seat belt.

Life was just too beautiful when you were surrounded by kind people.

He chuckled, glancing over at me.

"I should have known that you wouldn't dress any differently for a serious date than for when I simply took you skating."

"In my defense: I didn't know we were going skating back then."

"Yeah, but you knew we were going on a date now."

I rolled my eyes.