We came here to play

I didn't answer his calls the next day and deleted his text messages without looking. I wasn't angry with him any longer, I just wasn't in the mood to deal with all of his bullshit right now.

Okay, I might be still a little bit angry with him, but that wasn't the case.

Sierra called today, saying she was leaving Spain this evening and was going to be at the airport tomorrow morning of local time. I told her she would have to get a cab since my car was still long until done. She wasn't happy.

For some reason, she had some aversion to driving with people she didn't know. It had to do with some guy who didn't want to let her out until she agreed to go out with him once. Since that time, she hated cabs. And men.

However, it was either that or walking on foot, because there was no way my Giulietta was going to be ready until tomorrow.

I was just explaining it to her for the hundredth time when someone knocked on my door.

"Hold on." I told her and looked through the peephole to check who it was.

When I saw who was standing on the other side, I nearly dropped my phone.

"I'll call you back." I said and ended the call.

I knew I was going to hear about it later, but whatever. I had bigger problems to deal with right now.

Or one big problem, to be exact.

"What are you doing here?" I demanded, throwing the door open.

Dominic tsk-ed.

"Is that how you treat your guests?" he clicked his tongue. "Terrible."

I didn't let him get under my skin.

"Who let you in?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"A very charming elderly lady, who apparently lives in the same building as you." He leaned in as if he was about to share some secret. "I have to tell you, Sweetie, you live with some old people."

I sighed.

Of course that of all the people who lived here, he had to run into Mrs. Richardson. She was probably the only inhabitant who would let in a complete stranger.

"Let me guess. You have her thinking you are her long-forgotten grandson who happened to walk by and noticed his long-forgotten grandmother." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Actually, I just told her my girlfriend lived here and she didn't want to let me up because I made her very, very angry." he said with a charming smile that I supposed was the very same that convinced poor miss Richardson to listen to him.

"You're going to be the reason she comes knocking at my door and congratulating me on getting married." Mrs. Richardson was so old she didn't know the term girlfriend. To her, you were either single or married. I eyed my boyfriend. "What is the real reason behind I'm seeing you invading my personal space?"

"It's day two of our meet and greet. And since you haven't been nice enough to pick up this," he dangled his phone in front of my face. "I figured I had to go and pay you a visit in person."

"You know, there was a reason for which I haven't answered your calls." I said and propped my hip against the door frame.

"Bullshit." He responded.

Before I could react, he brushed past me and stepped into my apartment.

"Get your traps, Sweetie. We're going out." he said, looking around.