Rum an coke

The music was blasting through the speakers, trying to synchronize itself with the rushed beating of my heart. The people were swaying all around me, somehow managing to keep up with the song's fast rhythm. The smell hanging in the stuffy air was a mix of sweat, perfume, and smoke.

I focused on Matthew's reassuring hand resting at the small of my back as he steered me through the crowd. My shoulders were tense as I tried to make myself as small as possible. I winced every time when hair or a pair of flailing arms brushed my skin as I elbowed my way through the dance floor.

I'd lost sight of Sierra back in front of the club. She must have entered it when I was still talking with Matt. When we approached the club's door together, there was no sight of Borah or the guys, too. In brief, they left me completely alone in the hands of some stranger whom I've met barely a few minutes ago. Literally.

To say I was pissed would be an understatement.

I barely dodged a flying elbow that nearly came into contact with my nose. The owner didn't ever spare me a glance, just kept dancing frantically. I took a deep breath and tried to calm down. Some friends that I have, no doubt.

"Don't take drinks from anyone!" Matthew shouted in my ear. "Or, in fact, don't take anything at all."

I nodded, looking around, desperately trying to find some familiar face. There was no way, though. The club might not be big, but it was impossible to find a particular person in this sea of people.

I shuddered. I hated crowds. I hated noise. I hated people. Bringing me here was a terrible idea.

"And for the love of God, please, don't use the toilets." Matt went on, trying to outshout the music. "You don't want to know what kind of things happen there."

I think I had an idea. Not that I wanted to ever experience it. Ever.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked with his mouth at my ear.

"Out." I replied curtly, watching a girl doing some crazy moves in front of some guy.

Matthew chuckled.

"I don't think that's an option. But what would you say for a drink, huh?"

Normally, I wouldn't be in for drinking, since I loathed the taste of alcohol nearly as much as I hated coffee, but right now, I felt like I needed something to keep me sane.

"Sure." I shrugged and let him steer me towards the bar.

I tried to force myself to breathe steadily as we approached the counter standing in front of a wall filled with colorful bottles. In fact, it was quite beautiful to look at, their shapes and variety of colors. I don't think I've ever seen so much alcohol in one place. Seeing it now made me feel a little overwhelmed.

"What is it for you, love?" A barman with a blinding smile asked me.

My first reaction was a ripe, cheery 'Fuck you', but at the last moment I caught myself and forced my lips into a polite smile instead of a frown.

"Uh- And what would you suggest?" I answered, hoping to sound cocky.

The look on the guy's face told me I'd failed.

"I have any things to offer, but I think we should start with my special cocktail." He replied, leaning closer.

Oh my God. Was the guy flirting with me? Yes? No? Jesus, I had no idea.

That's what happens when you have absolutely no social life and you get for the first time at the age of nearly nineteen. You can't even distinguish a charming lover-boy from a serial killer.