Up and down

He brought me to a playground.

When I finally stopped laughing, I raised my head and took in my surroundings.

Everything was colorful.

There was a blue slide, green set of swings, red carousel and ladders of all colors. A great part of the playground was taken by a huge sandpit filled with fresh sand.

If someone showed me a place like this ten years ago, there would be no way to make me leave it for a week. And I'm pretty sure my little brother would love it, too.

I jumped in place, giggling. I couldn't help myself. I guess deep down, there was still a child inside of me.

And now it wanted out. Badly.

I must have been grinning like mad because Dominic chuckled and smiled himself.

"So I guess you like it, huh? " he asked.

I looked at him in awe.

"It's amazing!" I exclaimed. "A perfect playground taken from my childhood dreams."

"See?" Dominic raised a brow, smirking smugly. "I didn't take you here to kill you, just like I promised."

I nodded, focusing my attention back on the playground. It was empty, and the colorful toys just begged me to use them.

"But... What are we doing here? " I glanced up at him.

"This is a place where we are going to meet each other properly. " he said.

I glanced at him, frowning.

"Here? The playground?"

He shook his head.

"You have no imagination, Sweetie. Come on." He extended his hand to me. "I'll explain it to you."

I placed my hand in his hesitantly, and our fingers instantly intertwined. Dominic tugged at it lightly, and I went along. I guess I was still too stunned to object.

He led me to a bright yellow seesaw. I didn't really like yellow, but there was something about this particular color that made me like it. It was the color of lemon or the sun in the brightest day.

God, I was turning into a poet. That's what a little color did to me.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked, confused.

"Sit and I'll tell you."

I obediently padded over to one of the ends and sat down. The seesaw was tiny, made for children up to the age of eight, and even while I wasn't a tall person, it still felt funny to sit there. But it was nowhere as gorgeous as seeing Dominic trying to fit into the tiny seat.

He, on the other hand, was a very tall person, which meant he was having a hard time trying to fit his huge body into the space created for a small child. I watched him getting comfortable and bit my lip to keep myself from laughing. He looked ridiculous, with his knees brought nearly up to his chin and one hand curled loosely around the seesaw's handle. He looked very serious doing this, as if he was taking his place on a throne, not a playground meant for children triple time younger than him.

"Now, this is what I had in mind." he grinned, looking at me across the seesaw's length.

I masked my laugh with a very unladylike snort.

"Are you happy now?" 

He nodded.

"Very much so. But, " he pushed himself up with his feet, causing me to ride up.