Chapter 26 - The last wing.

 Notorious.

"I saw you die," Notorious stood up and backed away. "I cried black tears. You died."

"That's the funny thing about the field of necromancy i study. I'm immortal, sister." Notorious' sister turned to Atera. "Which is going to make this very interesting."

A big group of people came out from the same trees that Notorious' sister had just come from, all brandishing black smoke that swirled around their hands.

She nodded her head once and they all lifted their hands, the necromancy smoke shooting like darts at the eximius, but avoiding Atera, who stood in silence as his creations were ripped apart around him.

Atera stared at Notorious, no emotion in his eyes.

When all of the beasts were dead the necromancers put down their hands and Notorious' sister smiled at their work.

"Now," She said to Atera, rubbing her hands together. "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Esther Charms, also known as the means of your demise."

Atera rested his eyes on Esther. "Run now, little girl, and i shall give you a head start."

"You must have misheard me earlier when i told you i was immortal." She rolled her eyes.

While they were talking, Notorious and what was left of her group gather up in a huddle and watched.

"I heard you child, i just do not care. Just because you can not die does not mean i can not give you endless torment. For i am also immortal."

"Seize him." Esther demanded, the three necromancers closest to her send the black smoke hurtling at him.

But it didn't reach him.

Before any of the smoke got to Atera he had vanished.

"Old vampires are so overpowered." She sighed as if it were a minor setback. Esther looked to the people behind her. "Well, what are you waiting for. Go and get him!"

They all went off in different directions, disappearing into the bushes, trees and some into the building.

"As for you..." Esther walked up to Notorious and looked at her with mind interest. "I expected something more from my 'great older sister'."

"You haven't seen what i can do yet." Notorious growled, her nails extending.

"I'm not looking to fight, big sis." She smiled.

"That makes one of us."

"I have to say, you make quite the magnificent dragon. Our brother didn't have a talent for it. Tarquin was a stupid boy, looking to be a vampire when he could have been so much more. Like us." She talked about being a dragon with pride.

"Are there any more left?" Notorious asked.

"Any more what? Dragons? Of course."

"No. Any more of the Charms family."

"Our family, sister. There is you and me. No more Tarquin of course, your little blood sucker friend looked after that, didn't she?" Esther laughed.

"She wasnt my friend." Notorious muttered.

"Indeed, i only wish i could have killed her myself. Her name was Saskia, wasn't it? Yes, well your hybrid boyfriend got rid of her."

"Why didn't you come and get her yourself then?" Jason asked, anger in his voice. "Could have saved me a lot of trouble."

"I would have, if i was allowed to leave our training camp. Alas, i could not." Esther shrugged.