Chapter 11 - Please, keep your bird at a safe distance.

Jason.

After Notorious had changed out of that ghastly dress and back into her normal gear (which she apparently had many sets of), she got to work in the kitchen.

I honestly didn't see Notorious as the cooking type, or the cleaning type for that matter. Her whole house was immaculate.

Her house was in the Fable, but it was the same size as any other house, and still had two floors.

Notorious' kitchen was all black granite and silver handles, every surface gleaming. She had a lot of kitchen utensils, some of which id never seen before and looked incredibly complicated to me, so that told me that she loved cooking. What more could you want in a girl?

Her living room was cream and brown, the deco was modern but very comfortable looking. The bathroom was huge, it was blue and white with a bath that you could easily fit a small car in.

The only room i hadn't had a tour of was her bedroom, but i imagined it was as excellent as every other room.

Notorious stood in the kitchen humming to herself as she stirred the contense of pots and opened and closed the oven to check on how the food was doing and i wished that this moment could just go on and on. That we didn't have to talk about the eximius and Atera...

"Ready?" Notorious brought over a steaming pie and set it down on her mahogany table.

"Holy mother of god, that smells good." I told her as she put a large slice on my plate.

I dug into my pie and chewed on a piece of steak that fell apart in my mouth. I groaned appreciatively and Notorious smiled at me.

"I have some friends that might help us..." Notorious said after finishing her food. "But they're scattered up and down the country, so we'll have to do some traveling."

"From what I've seen and heard of the eximius, traveling is a small price to pay for help" I replied, setting down my fork.

"And that's if they decide to help us. They're my friends but i wont think any less of them if they decline, i really wouldn't blame them, nor would i blame you if you decided to leave."

"Charms, there is no way on earth or in heaven that i would leave you." I could tell from the look she gave me that she believed me, a look of trust.

"Thank you, catulo." She said, looking into my eyes for a few, long seconds. "I'll come and wake you in the morning so we can set out to find my friend in Yorkshire, if he still lives in the same place then hes only an hours drive away."

"This is goodnight then?" I asked.

"This is goodnight. The spare room is directly in front of the stairs." She didn't meet my eyes this time, i could tell that she was lost in thought, so i slipped away from the table and made my way to the spare room.

 "Jason." I heard a whisper. "Jason wake up."

I felt a warm hand on my arm gently shaking me awake.

"Jason?" she whispered again, and now i recognised it as Notorious' voice.

"JASON!"

"Ahh shit, what?" I jumped into sitting position, rubbing my eyes.

"Oh good, you're awake." She smiled evilly. "Breakfast will be done in 10 minutes, you might want to get dressed."

I quickly pulled the bed sheets closer as Notorious walked out of the room, laughing at my embarrassment, which was now becoming a regular thing.