N I N E T E E N

"No. Mom don't be silly I left a while ago." I said trying desperately to keep this lie.

"Why do you lie to me?" She said her voice cracking again.

"Mom." I said looking back at the waiting room.

Chad smirked at me he knew exactly what was going on. Halsey did too she mouthed sorry too me, as more tears feel down her face. I took one last look at Cody who had now looked up. With a puzzled look on his face.

I turned around to head down the hall but froze in my spot.

"I can't believe I had to come all the way to believe it myself. Because when Chad called me and told me. I told him no my daughter has never lied to me. But that right there was a lie."

Then she ended the call.

The look on her face killed me.

Disappointment was written clearly on her face.

I ran too her at the end of the hall. Tears streaming down my face.

"I'm so sorry mom." I bawled.

"How long did you think you could get away with it?" She demand.

"I don't know mom it's just I met this boy-"

"Of course what did I tell you."

"To make mistakes, take risks and regret."

She gripped my arm and pulled me out the door into the cool wind.

"I did, you took a risk on that boy, you made a mistake by lie now your gonna regret it all of it."

"But mom-" I cried.

"I don't want to hear it. I knew I shouldn't have let you come here. I knew Tate would do this to you." She said shaking her head as she took a seat on a bench.

"Tate didn't do anything." I choked.

"He did, he showed you what a life turning away from your mother is. Now you will go back to that house pack your bags because we are leaving to New York in the morning." She shouted.

"You can't do this!" I begged. "I still have 3 weeks."

"I have given you enough! Emma Marie! You have had your last taste of recklessness. Now it is time for you to straighten up and taken over a business."

"Mom I can't just leave. I haven't seen Mays baby. I don't know if Josh has purposed to April yet. I can't just leave Cody."

"Cody." She spit his name like it was venom.

"He is super sweet, and-"

"Emma. Enough is enough." She shouted. "You are going to pack your things and go tell that boy goodbye."

"But mom I love him!"

She froze.

"You what?"

"I love him."

Her eyes turned dark.

"I except all ties to this boy is broken." She ordered. "You are to never see him again. Come on we are leaving." She said grabbing my arm.

Instead of obeying I yanked my arm from her grip.

"Haven't you ever been in love mother! Haven't you ever felt that you would do anything for someone. That what ever happens to them will happen to you too. Haven't you felt that before? I can't just leave it will break us both."