T W E L V E

"Oh Emma you have got to try this." Sage cried as she dragged me over to the corn dog vendor.

"No the cotton candy." Mollie said pointing to the colorful candy someone was twisting on a stick and handing to a little kid.

"The chocolate strawberries are to die for." Becky said.

I turned to face her watching as she took a bite of one.

"Hey." Jane scolded her.

"What you guys where all arguing so I just snuck away. It's only right there." She said pointing to the vendor.

Jane rolled her eyes.

"Where are the boys?" Sage asked.

"Coming, Kayson texted me and said they just picked up Robbie." Becky replied as she chomped down on the strawberries. They did look good.

"Where's your guy?" Mollie asked me as she came back to the group with some cotton candy. Offering us each some.

"His coming with Tate a little later." I said letting the cherry cotton candy melt in my mouth.

"How come you never told us about you two before." Becky said.

I shrugged.

"They where keeping it on the DL." Jane added in as we started to walk around the fair booths.

"How long does this fair go for?" I asked.

"All week. There is so much to see and do!" Sage cried.

"Are you showing your steer this year, it's your last time to do it." Jane asked her.

"Showing? A steer? As in you show a cow?" I asked confused.

"Oh sweetie what has California done to you." Becky shook her head at me as she finished off her strawberries.

"Pretty much around here you raise animals mostly cows, goats, lambs, or pigs and then you show them and sell them at the fair." Jane informed me.

"Why would people do that?" I asked. "It is kind of weird."

"It is fun." Jane said.

"Pft, you quit doing it your sophomore year." Mollie said.

"So, it got to be too much." Jane argued back.

"Well I'm excited to see this show. Also watch a rodeo Cody is excited to take me to one." I said.

"What you have never been to a rodeo?!" Sage cried.

I shook my head.

"Well are you in for a treat." Becky beamed. "There are so many events like barrel racing, pole bending, bull riding-"

Becky rambled on about a rodeo and a whole bunch of other events that all sounded so foreign to me. My phone went off and I quickly went to answer it Tate's contact popping up on the screen.

It has been a few days since our little fight and Tate has just forgotten about it. Acted like it had never happened which he does. All the time it gets annoying sometimes.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Emma, I really need your help." He cried.

"With what?" I said holding my finger up to the girls as I stepped away from the group.

"Courtney." He whined.

I chuckled.

"What about her?"

"Well I wanna hang out with her tonight at the fair but I don't know how to ask her."

"Tate all you have to do is call her. You guys went on a date before didn't you? And it went well."