T H I R T E E N

"Today is the day I ride!" Rowdy shouted as he ran throughout the house.

I stared at him confused but laughing.

"What is he talking about?" I asked Lexi as I took a seat at the table.

"Today is the first rodeo of the summer and he gets to rode a sheep."

"Why would you want to ride a sheep?" I asked.

She shrugged.

I looked around the kitchen to see May washing dishes. Tate and Cody where probably out doing chores and Jane still asleep. So I said goodbye and headed outside to find the boys because I needed details on Tate's date.

I found them further out in a spot I haven't ever been to. It's weird I've been here for almost a month and there is places I have never been. But to be fair I never usually come help Cody and Tate do chores I stay at the house before we go out and do something.

Tate and Cody where building a pen for Tilley. The pig Cody won. There where some other corrals. One had a few goats roaming around in it. Another a little further away had some chickens and then there was a gate to the pasture where the horses where at.

"How come I've never been here?" I asked Tate and Cody as I took a seat on top of the chicken pen.

Tate shrugged.

"You only go to the house and then somewhere then back to the house really."

"I can take you around later if you want." Cody said as he wired up some panels.

"We should." I said looking out past the horse pasture I could see pivots running over what I'm guessing is hay.

"So how's Tilley?" I asked.

"See for yourself." Cody smiled.

I hoped down and joined his side where I saw Tilley digging in the ground before she laid down.

"Ah she is so cute." I said.

"Don't worry your still cuter than her." Cody smirked.

"I better be cuter than a pig." I laughed before pecking his lips.

"Get a room!" Tate shouted as he gathered the fencing supplies.

"Oh please I'm sure you and Courtney had at it." Cody laughed as he snaked an arm around my waist pulling me closer to him.

"Actually we didn't." Tate replied as we all started walking.

"What did you do on your date?" I asked poking his cheeks.

He glared at me.

"It wasn't a date, we where just hanging out."

"Yeah right when you called me freaking out you where like Emma help me I have to ask Courtney out on a date but I just can't do it." I joked.

"Ha ha." He said dryly. "That's not what I said."

"Oh but it is."

"No I said I wanted to hang out with her."

I thought back to the call. Maybe we never did mention it being a date.

"So it still is considered a date." I huffed.

He smiled knowing he had won.

"What ever helps you sleep at night sweetheart." He called laughing to himself as he headed to the house.

"Meany." I yelled after him.

Cody chuckled.

"Come on I'll show you around the farm here." He said intertwining our hands.