This-Is-Not-A-Prologue

This is NOT a prologue. It's just to get your attention. I suppose the actual prologue is chapter one :)

*****

Look at the girl.

She has the same features as the man standing exactly six feet before her.

The same raven-black hair, although his is more salt-and-pepper.

The same coffee-coloured eyes, although his have a predatory glint in them.

The same Gaelic nose, although his has a slight bump on the bridge, from where he has deviated the septum exactly three times.

And the same slender hands - although hers hold an automatic.

So how did they get here? How did this girl and this man end up in this non-ventilated, one-hundred-percent-secure room?

How did this girl end up pointing a gun at her father?

*************************************************************************

When Terra was a kid, her bed attacked her.

Of course, no one believed her - but after that, she becomes afraid of being alone. Her family is convinced that it is a phase, but was it?

It's the way the objects in her house move slightly, taunting her. They are telling her that they can get her.

Anytime she dares to be alone.

In a world now obsessed with military security, it turns out that the people Terra thinks she can trust, are the people that aren't who they say they are.

*

Tell me if you like it :) Thank you.