Chapter 30

I stood up from the table and sighed at the remaining food that Jungkook didn't eat. 

Did he lose his appetite?

After the clean up of the table, I jogged to the lockers, aware that class was about to start. But something else caught my attention. There were two figures standing behind the building, two students. Curiously, I narrowed my eyes and realized one of them was Jungkook...the other was Taehyung... 

I gulped nervously at seeing their tense atmosphere. 

What are they doing? 

My eyes immediately widened. 

Are they going to fight??

I mean based on the past meetings, they didn't seem to have a good atmosphere between them...

I walked towards them, now able to see Jungkook's face but Taehyung was facing his back towards me. I stood there stupidly and was about to call out Jungkook's name when he suddenly caught the sight of me.

 He stared at me for a few seconds, before meeting gaze with Taehyung again. His next remarks shocked me. 

"Do you like Mi Yeong?" Jungkook suddenly asked. 

I swallowed the lump in my throat. 

What??!! Did Jungkook just ask Taehyung I-If he likes M-ME ???!!

My face heated up instantly.My mind wanted me to snap out of my thoughts. My mind is telling me that  this question was absurd and crazy. That there's no way he even has the slightest feelings for me.  I hurriedly took a step forward, wanting to interrupt the ridiculous conversation.

Even so...my heart is pounding heavily. 

My heart...wanted the response...

"Mi Yeong seems to have feelings for you. Are you just playing?" Jungkook stated. 

The word echoed incessantly in my mind. 

"Playing" 

"So what if I was?" Taehyung's voice rang out. 

His cold answer seemed to pierce my heart. Shatter my feelings. I feel my inside slowly breaking. 

So I do have feelings for him. 

No. 

I DID have feelings for him. 

His answer was cold...indifferent...and heartless. 

Yes. I did have feelings for him...but I didn't want to admit it. I didn't believe it.  But now, his answer disappointed me.  But now...I'm don't even know my own feelings. 

I feel...sad. No. more like anger. Angry at how stupid, foolish and easy I was to be played around. Played around by HIM. 

I smiled sadly to myself. The kiss didn't mean anything. 

Jungkook suddenly yelled. "Noona!" 

I lifted my head to see Jungkook running towards me. Taehyung was still sitting by the tree, motionless. 

"Let's go to class together~" Jungkook pulled me with him. 

As we walked through the corridors, tears started streaming down my face. 

"N-Noona g-gwenchana?"

"Huh?" I asked. 

"Y-You're c-crying." Jungkook started panicking. 

"Really?" 

I used my sleeves and wiped my eyes. 

I'm crying? Why??  I must look pathetic. Crying because of an obvious answer. 

"H-Hang on noona. I'll get you some tissues." Jungkook hurriedly ran off. 

I scoffed at my stupid self. 

"Yah Mi Yeong are you really crying." I said to myself. 

I unwillingly trudged to the bathrooms. Have to get this entire mess fixed up. 

Suddenly, a hand gripped my wrist, making me turn around. I stared blankly at the person in front of me. Taehyung. 

"Gwenchana?" He asked. 

I shook his hand away. 

"I don't need your sympathy." 

"Mi Yeong. What you heard just then-" 

"I know. You don't have to repeat it. I understand." I glared at him. "So go away." 

He sighed. 

"Please. Go away." 

I felt my anger rising but he silently walked away.

My phone suddenly received a message. I grabbed out my phone from my pocket but something else fell on the floor. 

Looking down at the floor, I saw a packet of tissues.

I don't remember having tissues in my pocket...

Gradually, I picked it up while looking at the lockers from a distance. 

Taehyung stood there, looking back at me.