Chapter 2

Roxanne

     "One, two, thr-"I counted aloud as I clapped my hands until I heard a familiar scream. I turned towards the blond cheerleader who disrupted the practice.

     "Sophie! What on earth are you doing?" I hissed, glaring at her. I know she's bad but I didn't think she could get worse than what she already was.

     The blond, screaming cheerleader walked towards me, she was tall- about a few inches taller than me- and her skin was tanned. If I was not popular maybe she would take over the halls of Scarsdale High. She was beautiful, but not as beautiful as me. I take myself as a Goddess while she is just a little pawn.

     Sophie replied, "I'm sorry it's just that Adam broke up with me and I don't know what to do and I just want to go home and..." Her voice trailed off and growled at the frustration as she cried, wailing her arms.

     I looked at her wiping her tears or at least trying to wipe something non-existent. I hate it when she does that, she knows I'd give in to people crying- which is one of my weakness and she's using it against me. I sighed in defeat, "Fine, fine, go home" I turned to my sister at my right whose eyes glared at me.

     As soon as she skipped out of the gym, Lilith walked towards me, "You know that she was faking that right?" She said, balling her hands into a fist, "Next week is our competition," She reminded, "and she keeps on asking for an under time at practice and she's making it hard for the whole squad" She ranted as everyone in the squad chorused, "True."

     "Her boyfriend broke up with her. Give her some space and leave her be" Jane, Sophie's best friend, barged in our conversation as she rolled her eyes.

     Keep rolling your eyes, maybe then you could find your brain. I retorted in the back of my head as I heard Lilith groaned as she grabbed my arm and whispered, "Go follow her."

    I nodded slowly, glaring at the brunette bitch Jane, whose make up was all over her face. She more of looked like a clown. She was not as beautiful as Sophie, she actually looked like a rotten potato. Though, she has a good mind of her own. She's more... Bitchier. Think of it like my arguing competitor. If only I can just staple those creaked lips of hers.

    I announced, "Actually guys, I'm leaving Lilith in charge. I remembered that I need to take care of something." I shouted as I exit the gym.

    Instead of looking for Sophie that was instructed by my lovely but oh so scary sister, my feet decided to take me where my heart desired. Looking around the soccer field, I felt my heart clench from disappointment to see that Luke wasn't there and to make it worse, the half chewed mango-- I mean Xavier, approached me, "Aren't you supposed to be with Lucas?"

     "After practice, yes. But as of this moment he is supposed to be here with you guys." I answered slowly as my mind wandered off to what he could be doing—he is probably preparing for my surprise. How sweet. That guy never seizes to amuse me. I smiled at the thought of our anniversary.

     "You should smile more, it makes you look cuter." Xavier said out of the blue and smiled slyly before walking back to his teammates. I stared at him, stunned at what he just said. Luke finally taught him a little bit about how to surprise people. He's usually quiet and sarcastic but I guess today is a different day.

------

 Ugh. I hate walking around school hallways on my own. I've searched every room in this school and I haven't seen any sign of Sophie or Luke. Maybe Sophie really did go home and bawled her eyes out, I probably just assumed the worst out of her skanky ass. Well, the only place I haven't checked is the parking lot so I guess that's where we'll find out if she was telling the truth or if she really was bluffing.

     I felt my stomach churn as I was walking towards the parking lot. I can't tell if it was because I was hungry or if it was due to nervousness-- Probably just hungry like always. Stopping at the entrance of the parking lot, my eyes scanned for any sign of Sophie's lies but my eyes stopped upon seeing Luke's back.

     Little did he know, I'm fond of surprising people too just not the same way as him. "I'm a sneaky little bitch and I can prove that." I whispered to myself as I sneaked closer towards him, "Happy Anniversary!" I shouted with joy but before I could even laugh at his reaction, I was taken aback by what was before me as my smile instantly faded and was soon replaced by a frown.

     "Isn't this a cute surprise? You definitely know how to surprise a girl." I managed to choke out with a fake grin plastered across my face. But without even realising it, a tear streamed down my face.

     Much to Luke's horror, he managed to say, "Roxie, No this isn't what it looks like. It was an accident and-" He stuttered as he looked at Sophie before looking back at me.

     This is ridiculous. Men and all their nonsense reasons, I retorted, "What? You tripped and suddenly she appeared right in front of you so your lips interact with each other and your hand was accidentally tangled up in her hair?" Before I would say anything any further, I slowly backed away from them and before I knew it, my feet were on its way out of the school.

     I heard him call my name but I just can't. I knew I needed to get away from him, from what I saw, from the hurt. From everything. I didn't know where to go or what to do, I just kept running as my tears were slowly streaming down my eyes like raindrops from the sky. It's a surprise I didn't get hit by a car but I wouldn't want to jinx it.

     Right there and then it hit me, I was frozen. And I couldn't move or speak in any form.

     I was stunned by the beauty of what was standing before me. The ice cream truck, the only thing that could turn my frown upside down. The only thing that could change my day from being dreadful to very peachy. The solution to my churning stomach. Everyone knows that ice cream is food for the Gods.

     And this Goddess right here definitely needs some Ice Cream to forget everything.