0°13

0°13 ; Fire Cord and Bedroom

Persephone :

The final bell rang making me get up and get out of my seat and follow the guys out.

'What are you guys doing right now?' I asked the guys wondering if they had plans after school so they could come over.

'I think its obvious. We're waiting outside of Ms. Veldsman class.' Cameron tells me making me roll my eyes.

'No like after school.' I say meaning what i said the first time.

'ohhh i get chu and nothing much.' Cameron says understanding what i meant.

'Yea im free.' Jack adds to the conversation.

'Welllll i have a pool and its getting pretty hottt so you wanna go swimming laterrr?' I asked them stretching out some words causing them to laugh.

'Yea ill go get some swimming stuff and then go to your house.' Jack tells me while Cameron nods agreeing with what Jacks going to do, making me guess hes going to do the same.

'Alrighty then ill see you guys in a bit.' I tell them linking arms with Matt and walking towards the car.

'So are we going to your house to pick up those swimming trunks i gave you?' I ask him as we walk to his car together with him silent as a bug.

I look at him and he acts as if he hasnt heard one word i have said to him. He just has a blank look on his face.

'Matthew?' I ask as i stop walking, seeing if he stop with me and ask why i have stopped but he kept walking.

'Matthew did i do something?' I say still where i was standing which was a couple feet away from him but eventually gave in and ran to him as he contuined to walk.

'Matt.' I say grabbing his shoulder and turn him to face me to watch his face light up again, then go to confusion.

'Im sorry what were you saying?' he asked as we stood next to his car in the parking lot.

'Are you okay?' I ask him once again knowing he knows what im saying.

'Yea sorry i was just thinking.' He tells me unlocking the lock and then looking back at me.

'You spaced out for a while. Is everything okay?' I ask him grabbing his shoulder so he could face me since i noticed he tried to not make eye contact.

'Yea i promise you Persephone im fine.' He tells me grabbing my shoulders as i once did to him causing me to laugh and push his arms away from me, making my way towards the passenger side and getting into the seat.

'How about we do this.' He says putting the key in the engine then looking at me.

'Ill tell you whats up, then you tell me whats up with that bracelet.' He says pointing to my special bracelet causing me to bring my hand down from on top of my backpack where it was before.

'Why do you want to know about this stupid bracelet.' I told him nervously wondering why he wanted to know about the thing that meant the world to me.

'because i remember when we were hanging out you almost started to cry staring at that.' He tells me pulling out of the parking slot and then making our way out of the schools parking lot with the traffic of all the kids coming out at the same time as us.

'Actualllyyy how about we do this. We go to your house, get your swimming shorts and talk about my bracelet another day.' I say as I look for a fire cord.

'Hey do you have a fire cord?' I ask him looking around his car.

'A fire cord?' He asked in confusion with a little laugh.

'Oh you do have one.' I say as I see it on the floor of his car making me bend down and grabbing it, connecting it to my phone and opening up Spotify.

'You mean an aux cord?' He asks laughing as we finally pull out of the school and actually starts driving.

'No it's a cord. That plays straight fireeee Matthew!' I explain to him causing him to look at me as he has his left hand on the steering wheel and the other over his mouth smirking.

'What?' I asked him innocently looking at him, as he just shakes his head smiling.

We finally arrive to his house as we pull up to the parking spot and he turns the engine off.

'You wanna come in?' He asks grabbing his backpack and pulling it to his reach.

'Sure.' I tell him leaving my backpack where it was at and opening to the door and stepping out and making my way to the door right behind Matthew.

He put his key in the lock and opened the door and we entered and i saw a lot of people in the house hanging out.

'Dont mind them.' Matt mutters as he grabs my hand and guiding me to the stairs as i see people maybe 3 years older than us drinking and dancing and a whole bunch of red solo cups everywhere.

We finally get up stairs to find some people making out against the wall causing me to cringe at the sight of their drunk bodies grinding on each other as they swap saliva.

Matthew pulled me into one of the rooms and locked the door behind him. I turned to look at what hw was doing and i guess he understand my question with the confusing look i had on my face.

'Just to make sure no drunkie has sex in my room.' He answers causing me to laugh and turn back around to observe his room.

Wow Matthew Espinosa's bedroom.

i looked around and walked to his desk that has pictures of him with some friends stapled on the wall above the desk that had a mac book on it. The desk had some papers scattered on it and some pencils as well. I looked back at the pictures and i saw him and is friends went to vegas and other amazing places. I noticed that his friends in the pictures that he travels with arent the ones he usually hangs out with.

'You and your friends travel?' I asked him looking back at him as he was looking for something in his closet.

'When your on a good football team yea we do.' He chuckled going back to whatever he was doing. I guess he travels with his football buddies but not his real buddies. I guess he was close to them but not as close to his regular friends.

I kept looking around and noticed how nice his bed was and how neatly it was set up. He had a night stand with a little candle and a big quarter.

I walked over to it and picked it up in my palm and saw it wasnt just a regular quarter as i look at it more. It said 'Matthew Lee. Your bed better be done'.

'My mom comes into my room after i leave to school and she drops this quarter and if it pops up like this.' He says as he grabs it and flips it on the bed and it came back up to him and he caught it. 'I dont get in trouble and can go out.' He continues.

'Ah well thats fun.' I tell him taking the quarter out of his hand and doing what he just did and caught it surprisingly.

He just smiled and at me and then out the quarter back and made our way out of the house.

'So do you know any of those people?' I asked him as we hurried to get in the car.

'Not at all.' He says pulling out of the house and making our way to my house

#

Im going to Reno, Nevada :)