Here comes the bride.. (Part 2)

Começar do início

I was rendered speechless..

"What is this David?"

I looked at a beautiful diamond set but what took my breath away was the head piece. It was a crown. It wasn't too fancy but it surely stood out. it had intricate flowers on it, unlike any crown I has seen before.

"This crown belonged to your mother... your real mother."

I felt tears in my eyes as I listened to him. "She wore it when your father was crowned as the Crown Prince and she became a Princess. And now, her daughter, a Princess in her own birthright, needs to show the world she still exists."

"Are you sure this won't cause any problems?"

"It doesn't matter. This is your birth right; every royal princess will have a symbol on her shoulder, a pin, to show her importance in society. Then why shouldn't you have a crown. You are superior in blood to every one of us. Never forget that."

"Thank you David." I was so touched. I didn't have word to describe what I felt. This was just the confidence boost I needed. So I hugged him. There really was no one like David. He was so thoughtful and kind yet could be brutal in seconds.

I put the jewels on me. Looking at my reflection I couldn't help but feel amazed at how gorgeous I looked.

"We should probably go, you need to receive guests and I have a long list of things to do." Including fixing my lipstick.

He grabbed my waist and we looked at each other through our reflections on the mirror. He pressed himself against me and pecked my neck.

"As you wish." And he disappeared, leaving me in his secret room without me really knowing the way out.

I groaned. David.

Eventually I made my way out.

I did the rest of my errands and made my way back to Lindsay who was surrounded by her family, friends and bridesmaids.

Without trying to attract any attention to myself I made my way to the station where I was getting ready and tried to put on my lipstick.

A minute or so later, Lindsay made her way to me "I saw that." And winked at me. "Someone's being naughty and getting some action. Who is the lucky man?"

I hesitated, I wasn't going to tell her with Keisha standing a couple of feet away, I wasn't going to tell her at all. Period.

I knew what I was doing, and it wasn't right. But I just couldn't stop.

I tried to look away and to get away with this without getting in trouble but Lindsay wasn't having any of it. "Later." I said which thankfully she agreed to.

After all she is the bride with lots to do but she did look at my head piece in an uneasy way.

Once we were all set up and all the guests had arrived it was time for the bride to walk down the aisle with her bouquet and her bridesmaid.

We were all set up and one by one walked towards the priest. It was really a beautifully decorated area, there was a canopy of roses and lilies where we were all supposed to stand. And most importantly it was located in the garden David and James sister had built. It was her garden, so that in some way she could've been a part of this wedding.

When we got there, I couldn't help feel the stares on me but the only one that mattered was David's. It made me feel steady. Grounded.

I smiled and made my way feeling a bit overwhelmed but ignoring the rush of emotions coming my way.

Then once everyone was in their allotted places, the 'here comes the bride' music played by none other than the famous pianist Beethoven who was indeed, much to my surprise, a vampire. But now that I know, how else could he have created such complex music?

She looked absolutely breathtaking. I saw James; he was in awe.

I looked at David. This should've been us. I thought. But this was the last envious thought I was going to have, I decided.

They held each other's hands as the priest said his words, but they were too busy in each other's eyes. We all laughed as the priest cleared his throat.

When it came to vows, Lindsay's was absolutely beautiful.

"On this day,
I give you my heart,
My promise,
That I will walk with you,
Hand in hand,
Wherever our journey leads us,
Living, learning, loving,
Together,
Forever."

Waiting to see if James found his words, and indeed he had;

"I promise to love and care for you, and I will try in every way to be worthy of your love.
I will always be honest with you, kind, patient and forgiving.
I promise to always be there for you when you need me.
But most of all, I promise to be a true and loyal friend to you.
I love you."

"You may kiss the bride" said the priest.

James did not waste a single moment as he took her into his arms and lightly dipped her before giving her a kiss. "All mine now" he whispered.

"Forever and always" she whispered back.

We made our way to the reception area, which was being held in one of the ballrooms of the castle.

I hadn't gotten a chance to talk to anyone yet except my parents, who said to me that I looked beautiful.

My father even had a tear in his eyes "That crown belonged to your mother." I nodded feeling the sentiment.

Soon thereafter, it was time for our epic dance.

"Ready?" David asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I replied.

We started off our dance which represented the story of the bride and groom but felt more like ours; they got a happy ending while we didn't. After this, they would be introduced for their first dance as Mr. and Mrs.

We twirled and smiled and made sad faces and happy ones. (Wattpad users-> video on the side, fanfiction users-> video on the fb page. Fav song, fav moment! Perfect for this scene.)

When we were done, the couple danced together.

There were lots of claps and happy faces at us but soon they dissolved into whispers and points towards me. My smile fell.

They definitely were not happy to see this new piece on my head which I'm surprised stayed on my head after that dance. Klaus would've been happy with our performance.

'It's alright.. they will get used to it. They should know that they have another Royal family among them.' I heard David in my head as a mere whisper.

Before I had a chance to relax the door towards the entrance opened with a bang interrupting not just the first dance but everyone. There was a loud gasp and some screamed as if they saw a ghost.

I myself could not believe my eyes.

It was indeed as if I had seen a ghost.

-Z

For those who forgot what Elizabeth's dress looked like go check out my fb page!

If you haven't done it then like my facebook page, the link is on my profile! It will keep you updated on the status of this book among other things like spoilers. ;)