Chapter 24. True intentions

Jeffs pov.

Jack would have rolled his eyes at me, if he had them. "You love her. You're in love with her, Jeff." He turned. "You just refuse to admit it, even though you know very well how you actually feel."

"No. I don't.. love her. I don't love anyone."

"Well then, why can't you just kill her?" Jack would have looked at me doubtfully. I gritted my teeth.

"It's not easy like that.." He shook his head.

"I can never understand you, Jeff." Jack sighed.

I didn't know where this was heading. "She's different."

"You've never felt remorse, Jeff. It's not like you to let a victim go."

"I know."

"You always used to kill mercilessly."

"I know!" I snapped, my last syllable ending with a growl." Jack sighed. "I-I.. my minds just clouded."

I decided to visit Liara again. Maybe she would be home by now.

When I arrived, I scanned the empty room. Liara was still absent.

I crouched down besides her bed, sliding my hands across the soft fabric of her blanket. It appeared untouched.

"What the hell, Liara.." I muttered under my breath. Getting up, I knocked over her lamp and it crashed onto the ground. The shattered pieces scattered onto the floor in a mess.

Maybe I had made a mistake.

Maybe I should have followed Liara. Maybe then she would still be present, instead of just me here. I've always been solitary and content. I don't understand why this phases me so.

Jack was right. I wasn't one to spare a life, let alone save a life. I never had second thoughts about ending a life. Why is she different..? What made her different from the rest.

Was the reason because she was the first and only person that dared look into my eyes and hold it. The look she had, it felt familiar, I couldn't quite understand why.

Maybe I was losing it. Or maybe I really am developing feelings for her, feelings I didn't know I had..

------------------

Hey guys! I appreciate you all waiting for my slow updates and reading my story still. It means soo much to me!

Here are some more songs for the soundtrack! Enjoy and comment what you think!

1. Love hurts - Incubus

2. Clocks - Versa Emerge

3. Hate me - Blue October

4. Make me wanna die - The pretty reckless

5. The only exception - Paramore

6. Stranger- Versaemerge

7. Tellin me things - the black keys

8. Unintended - muse

Love, Alice.