Chapter 11. My bloody valentine

Jeff's pov.

I kept my eyes fixed on hers.
What did I just say..
Yes, she indeed was my last chance.Though I was fucking it up. I couldn't see past the fake expression on her face, what she was concealing. What was she trying to hide?

Liara was quiet, and had quit struggling. I would let her go but I felt like if I had let her go, she would dissolve into air and fade. Maybe she hated me. Maybe she didn't. Either way I didn't care.
She was warm, oddly comforting. It felt odd to have my arms around her in a deadlock. I was calm. .

"Jeff. .why..do you do this.?" she asked. I leaned in and planted a kiss on her cheek,resting my forehead on hers. She cringed then softened.

"Liara. ."

"I'm going to ask you something. . Do you love me..?" her voice had a degree of uncertainty.

What was I feeling. I'm a killer. I can't love. My arms around her loosened, she stood still; attempting to hide her disappointment through bitterness. "I'm sorry I asked you. .you don't have to answer." She said, shakily. Liara began to turn.

"Killers aren't capable of loving. ." I answered.

"No. Your wrong."

"I won't stop killing. ."

"That doesn't matter." She walked back to me and slowly placed her arms around me. It was gentle. "It doesn't matter what kind of feeling you have for me.. whether you love my pain or me. ."

"You don't care if I only want you from bloodlust?" I asked, unsure of what I truly wanted.

"I'm your bloody valentine.." She whispered. Then I returned her gesture and wrapped my arms around her.

"In that case. . I do." I answered her, pulling her in closer. 

_________________________________________________
Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment! I'd appreciate your supportt
Love, Alice xoxo