Prologue

I woke up in the dead of night,surrounded by silence. My eyes grazed the room,scanning for signs within the darkness. Everything remained as it did before I had gone to sleep,except for the window that was opened.

A hint of suspicion crossed my mind as I stared at the window. The wind blew through it and swept the black curtains that hung from the sides.

I rolled out of bed and approached the window, shutting it tightly.

Something moved behind me; I had felt it. I glanced at the wall and saw the shadowy figure that shifted behind me, edging closer and closer.

"Alex..Is that you?" I whispered into the blackness. There was no answer. Biting my bottom lip, I spun around slowly. Staring directly at me was a man a bit older than I was, not by much. In the darkness, I was still able to make out his garments. He wore a white hoodie soaked in blood, and black jeans. What left the greatest impression was his face. It was pale, and his eyes; eyes so black and deep. It was as if he had none at all. He had choppy black hair. And his mouth; the sinister look that rested on his permanent smile. I took in his appearance all too well.

The man's smile grew as he raised a sharp, silver dagger to my throat; pressing it against my skin. A rush of adrenaline went through my head. I couldnt take my eyes off his. As much as he terrified me, I couldnt find myself to dread the hurt. It was correct that I had grown used to the sharp feeling that is pain. The man's expression changed slightly. He pushed me down onto my bed, the knife still at my throat. Then he crawled over me and took the knife away, instead he held it high above my chest. I stared at his lips. He gave me a smirk as I watched the knife come down "Go..To..Sleep.."