Chapter 9. Lavender

Jeffs pov.

Liara had fallen asleep on one of the flowerbeds. I picked her up and took her back to her house putting her onto her bed. She did not once wake up. I watched her in her sleep. Her room was small and smelled like peppermints and lavender at some areas.

I felt a strange sensation, like a trigger had just gone off. The room was covered in blood; blood everywhere. 

I watched Liara. She opened her eyes, sitting up. "Jeff..?" She shot me a weird expression. I replied with a blank look on my face.  

I stopped abruptly, pulling back and letting out a grunt in pain. I was fighting against myself. 

Reaching into my hood pocket, I took out a silver, kitchen knife and raised it. Liara stared at me, confusion spread all over.  

"Jeff!" her voice echoed as it slowly drowned out.  

Slice.  

I watched her blood squirt onto the white sheets, and she toppled over onto the ground. She arched her back as she forced her body to rise. Her hair was a tangled mess. It covered her eyes that were most likely filled with hatred and sadness; two different emotions altogether. Her white nightgown was now bloodstained.  

She grabbed the lamp nearby and yanked it off of the outlet, throwing it at me. Running past me, I heard loud thumps against the wooden floor as she fled downstairs. I turned and chased her, jumping down to the first floor instead of using the stairs. Her hand was on her waist, and more blood was dripping down her gown. I attempted to grab her arm but missed by an inch. She made her way through the living room, her path in zigzags as her body occasionally disobeyed her. I lunged at her but she dodged again and ran into the kitchen. She pulled open the nearest drawer and took out a butter knife. It was smaller than the one I had. I grabbed her leg and yanked, dragging her off.  

"Jefff . .!" She screeched and flipped over. My knife sliced her again on her leg. She let out a scream; the first time I heard that. It was pleasing to me. I pressed my knife to her throat.  

I felt a rush of pain filled adrenaline, and glanced down to see a butter knife jabbed into leg. She ripped it out brutally and her eyes gleamed ruthlessly. It hid her fear that fueled my bloodlust even more. She gazed into my eyes and I was able to see small water droplets; she was crying.  

"J-jeff. ." She choked out through cries.

"Liara. . ." I sighed, leaning in so my head was above her shoulder. I breathed in her scent of lavender. "Go. . To. "

"No!" She interuppted me by shoving me off her and getting up. I stumbled towards her, grabbing her shoulders only to be met by her knife that carved up my arm. I ignored it and pushed her against the wall. Liara's knife pierced my collarbone as I pinned her down. I wrapped my fingers around her knife, the blades cutting into my skin, and ripped out the weapon. I flung it backwards and closed our distance.  

She looked at me with a tortured expression. She was sympathetic.. Liara put her hands on my knife hand and moved it up, moving the knife until it was pointing straight at her throat. "Tell me Jeff. .On a scale from one to ten, how badly do you want to kill me. .?" And with that the world around me blurred and became a bloody hell, the slight scent of lavender lingering in the atmosphere.

______________________________________________

Hey guys, I'm currently in Newyork right now and don't really have time to upload, but I will try c: 

Anyways, Thanks for reading! Please like and comment.  

Love, Alice xoxo