Chapter 24- Just to get even

Coming back to school was just as I expected. Rumors spread around the school faster than Amanda can spread her legs. Hahaha. Good one Nichole.

Every corner I turned there would be people whispering things loudly, but quietened as soon as they saw me. Are they really afraid of me? Am I really a killer? Did they really assume it was my fault? Now that the truth is out, how will people look at me? With fright? Pity? Sympathy?

I lowered my head not being able to stand anymore of this gossiping. For the first time in a while. I was back to being afraid, shy, insecure, and weak. I couldn't stand up for myself. But how could I, if I have nothing to deny. I quietly walked down the hall to my locker. My hair barely covering my face.

"Look! That's her, the killer."

"She's the girl who killed her parents."

"Amanda was right."

"I wonder how her friends can stand her."

"She's a killer."

"She's the cause of people's death."

"How can she hurt people she loves?"

"She should've died instead. Mr and Mrs. Lopez were kind people."

"Did she get to inherit they're money and company?"

"Ew, just looking at her makes me disgusted."

"She's a selfish bitch."

I blinked my tears away, refusing to show so much weakness? Why am I letting these things affect me? Get a grip Nichole. You don't care what others say. You shouldn't care either. They're opinions don't matter. By showing that what they say hurts, you are showing it's affecting you and it's true. Stand up straight, walk down these halls with your chin help high and a big smile plastered on your face. Your stronger than you think. Be confident. Be fearless. Be you.

You're right. I will not show weakness. I will stand up straight with my chin held high. I will show confidence. I won't let these things affect me.

"God bless such a sinner."

Who am I kidding, I'm just lying to myself. Of course these things are somehow affecting me. But why? I don't know, I would really like to, but I don't. It somehow makes me heart ache. Tears once again pricked the corner of my eyes. Not here, not now, not in front of all these people. I was to busy in my own little world I didn't hear or feel the presence of people walking behind me.

"Well you look at that, if it isn't the killer." Amanda's fake squeaky voice made me stop on slowly turn around.

"What do you want? Aren't you already happy with all that you've caused." I tired to sound strong, but my voice came out hoarse and week.

"Aww is little Nichole scared." She pouted and fluttered her eyelashes as if she actually cared.

"I-I'm not scared. I'm just tired of your bullshit." Finally, I was able to find my voice.

"Nichole don't act tough, we both know under all that, you're just weak and pathetic. Don't deny it." She smirked. I didn't deny. Cause somehow she was right. I act like nothing is wrong inside school, but in reality I breaking and burning in the inside.

I watched as she walked away laughing. I stood there and watched her disappear into the crowd. I didn't bother looking around knowing everybody probably heard the short conversation. I ran down the hall and turned a corner, luckily the hallway was empty. I entered an empty classroom and walked to the furthest corner. Slumping to the ground, I cried. I pulled my knees to my chest and sobbed. I sobbed my heart out. It's been a while since I've done so. And damn did it feel good to finally let everything out.