Chapter 20- I'm scared

I woke up with a terrible headache. Before I could register what was going on, a voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Oh my God, Nichole. You scared the living shit out of me." Mason said. What is he talking about?

"What are you talking about, Mason?" I asked curiously.

"Last night." He said.

I shook my head not understanding what he was talking about. I tried to remember, but nothing came up. All I remembered was coming home after hanging out with my friends, but that's it.

"What about last night?" I ask. Did I get drunk? Maybe it's a hungover. Nah I don't think so, I'd probably smell like alcohol.

"You don't remember, do you?" He raised in eyebrow.

I shook my head. "No sorry. Can you please explain?" I ask.

"Mom slapped you and you rolled down the stairs. You hit your head pretty hard." He sighed.

"Why?" I tried to think back to last night, yet still nothing came up.

"I don't know, I came home just as she slapped you. I tried stopping her, but—" I stopped him not wanting to know. I really didn't. It hurts to know people would hurt others for pleasure.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"7:03." He answers.

"I have an hour to get ready." I say as I quickly sit up and swing my legs over the bed.

"Oh yeah. I'll drop you off." He says.

"But I can drive myself." I pouted.

"Yeah—No, you fell down the stairs and hit your head pretty hard. I'm not letting you drive." He says. I sigh in defeat.

"Okay." I say.

After taking a shower and slipping into blue skinny jeans, a black shirt, and my black converse, I didn't bother doing my makeup seeing as I was to lazy to, I pulled my hair into a high tight ponytail and rushed out the bathroom. I grabbed my book bag and ran downstairs. I grabbed a water bottle and apple on the way to the door.

As we drove to school, we listened to the radio station 96.1. The song Counting Stars by One Republic blasting through the speakers. The car came to a stop and I looked around. We're here.

"Call me in the afternoon to pick you up." He says. I nod, grabbing my book bag and stepping out the car.

"Bye." I waved. He waved 'bye' and left. I walk into the school building quickly rushing to my locker.

After putting my stuff away, I slammed the locker door shut. I heard someone call my name so I turned around. It was Juily running towards me.

"Hey Juily." I say.

"Hey Nicky." She says.

"So guess what happened yesterday after the dinner?" She said. What dinner is she talking about? Just go along with it. Okay.

"What happened?" I ask.

"After going to the dinner, Sebastian dropped off Logan. So it left us two alone. When he dropped me off, he walked me to my door and kissed me." She squealed. I never imagined Sebastian as a sweet guy.

"That's so sweet." I say.

We walked to class talking about what ever happened yesterday. Until she brought up a question that shocked me.

"Do you like Ryder?" Is it that noticeable.

I stayed quiet and then nodded. "I think I do." I say quietly. She squeals and jumps away excitedly. Literally jumps.