Protect - Steve Rogers x (f)Reader x Sister!Romanoff

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, it's cool."

"It was a gift from an ex..." You sighed.

"Oh, then I don't like it as much anymore." Steve changed his answer.

You laughed at him.

And before you knew it, most guests were clearing out. "I meant to tell you; you look really nice tonight," Steve told you.

"Oh, thank you." You smiled. This is probably the most you have smiled since you and Natasha were small children.

"It's nice to see us all out of uniform and looking nice. You know?" He asked.

You nodded. "I like it too. I just feel really overdressed. Natasha forced me."

"Well, I'm glad she did." Steve smiled.

"Guys, you going to join us?" Tony yelled from the couches.

"In a minute," Steve called back.

You and Steve finished up your conversation. "Did we talk the whole party?" You laughed.

"Most of it. It was fun." Steve told you.

"You know," Natasha said. "It's nice to see her smile like that again."

"What do you mean?" Clint asked.

"She was always so sad. When she joined the Red Room, her anxiety got worse, and it made it hell for her...she didn't smile a lot. And it's, it's really nice to see her laughing and smiling." Natasha said.

"Even if it's because of Cap?" Tony asked.

"Especially if it's because of Cap." She replied.

You two walked over while laughing about some random joke Steve told, and you realized that all eyes were on you.

"What?" You laughed.

Everyone answered with mumbled "nothing"s as you and Cap took a seat.

And of course, the first question asked was directed towards you. "Lady (Y/N), why are you so fancy tonight?"

You shrugged, not really answering. "It was Natasha." Steve ended up answering for you, which was nice.

"I bet Steve could answer all the questions for you." Natasha winked, and you just shrugged again. "That's not a bad thing, sis."

After more time of talking, Clint was getting butthurt about Thor's hammer. How it was "a trick," and that made everyone want to try to pick it up.

Clint failed. Tony failed. Rhodey failed. Banner failed. Steve failed- but you swore you saw it move- but didn't say anything.

"Natasha?" Banner asked.

"Oh no, that's not something I need answered." She said and took a sip of her drink.

"Oh, then, the sister?" Bruce smiled towards you.

"What's the worst that can happen?" You asked and stood up to give it a try yourself.

"You pick it up," Tony answered, causing everyone to laugh.

And alas, you couldn't make it budge. Oh well- it's what you were expecting anyway.

"Whoever holds Thor's fingerprints can pick it up."

"That's a very interesting theory," Thor started. "But I have a better one." He picked up the hammer. "You're all not worthy."

"Boooooo." You called, and you even made Steve laugh.

"Yes, how could you be worthy?" A new, scratchy voice asked. Everyone's heads turned to where it came from, and it must have just been a buggy suit; Tony even called for JARVIS.

The robot went on, saying why it was here. And then, it gave off Tony's voice.

"Peace in our time."

"Ultron!" Bruce said, shocked as he looked at Tony.

And out of nowhere, more Iron Legion suits came flying out of the walls to attack everyone.

Of course, you couldn't do anything. It was hard to fight with your still hurt arm, and being in a dress was hard enough. You ran to hide, but a suit continued to follow as it was shooting at you.

It cornered you, and you fell to the ground. You screamed, hoping it would maybe scare the robot away. (It was the only thing you could do at the time.) But it didn't, and it only seemed angrier. It aimed for you, and you were sure you were going to be hurt.

Yes, you were trying to crawl away. But when you fell, your foot got stuck under a collapsed part of the room. You couldn't move.

When you were sure it was going to shoot, you were safe.

"Are you okay?" Steve yelled towards you.

"Yeah, my foot's stuck!" You yelled back, trying to talk over the noise.

Steve turned around and moved what was on your foot so you could crawl away. "Stay near me. I don't want you hurt." He told you as he put his arm around you.

Once all the bots were done for, Ultron spoke again. "Well, that was dramatic." And once he went on for too long, Thor threw his hammer at the robot- getting rid of it.

Steve turned to you immediately. "Did you get hurt?"

"I think I just hurt my foot a bit. Some ice will help." You told him as you shrugged it off.

Steve chuckled and shook his head a bit. "You're a tough one, Romanoff." He said. It was weird to be called by your last name, as you always hear your sister be called by it.

"Let's not call me Romanoff. I feel like it goes better calling Nat that." You laughed.

"On one condition," Steve told you.

"Yes?" You asked.

He kissed you. You smiled into the kiss, and you could feel Steve smiling too. It sounded cliche, but you knew that there was something between you two- and it had been a while since you felt that.

Natasha leaned over to Clint. "I am so, so happy that she's happy."

Steve leaned back and looked at your necklace again. "Hey, can I buy you a necklace instead of wearing that one?"

In response, you just reached behind your neck, took off the necklace, and handed it to him. "I'd love that." And out of the corner of your eye, you could see your sister giving you the thumbs up.