Protect - Steve Rogers x (f)Reader x Sister!Romanoff

Start from the beginning

"Yes, you'll look great in it." She told you, and you just groaned in response, throwing the dress over your head.

"Hey," Natasha said and picked the dress up, grabbing your hand and pulling you to sit. "Please go to the party tonight." She asked.

"Why?" You replied.

"I want you to have some fun, and actually meet more of the team." She told you. "Please."

You groaned and snatched the dress out of her hands. "Fine." And you went to change.

After you changed and walked out to meet Natasha, she had a shit-eating grin on her face. "You look gorgeous!"

You looked out over the balcony at all the guests. "I feel like I'm way overdressed; look at everyone." You sighed.

"You're the best-looking one here. You're bound to catch someone's attention." She smirked, and then you realized what she was doing.

"Really, Nat?" You groaned. "Really?"

"What?" She smiled like she was innocent of no wrongdoing.

"You're still trying to get me a boyfriend?" You rolled your eyes. "I don't need you being matchmaker; I'm perfectly capable of getting in a relationship by myself!"

"Sure you are." She said. "Go have fun."

Someone passed as you had a drink that Natasha got you, and you sat at an empty area. You didn't have your phone, so you were just looking out the big window at the rest of New York. You had to admit; The Tower had the best view.

"All alone?" You heard a man come up behind you. When you looked back, you realized that it was just Steve. Even though it was Steve, it still made your anxiety spark.

"Y-yeah, I guess." You shrugged, not making eye contact.

"Are you okay?" He asked you. Again, you just shrugged.

"Parties aren't my scene...like at all." You told him.

"Why not?" Steve asked as he sat down across from you.

"My anxiety. There are just, so many people. Not to mention, so many people that I don't know." You told him. You hadn't spoken to Steve much outside of missions. You knew him, of course; he's Captain America and basically the boss of the team. Your sister knows him well, so you have met him. You guys just haven't spent much time socializing about anything other than work.

So it was nice to talk to Steve. "I didn't know you had anxiety." He told you.

You shrugged, yet again. "Yeah, it's not something many people would think of me. You know, being Natasha's sister."

Steve nodded slightly. "How's your arm doing?" He asked you.

"It's better. Might be able to get back out in the field soon." You told Steve.

"That's great. Knowing us, something will happen that we'll need you for." He smiled, and you smiled back.

"What are you looking at?" You asked when you noticed that he wasn't looking at your face anymore.

"Your necklace." He told you. It looked like he was looking at your boobs, but your necklace was hanging off our neck, so either it's a cover, or he really was looking at your necklace.

"Oh," You said. "I grabbed the wrong one."

"I like it." Steve looked back up at your face.

"I could have sworn I threw it away- you like it?" You asked him.