Chapter Eleven: Dupain-Cheng Bakery

Sorry for this being so late, I'm currently on writers block. It's okay though, I'm trying to push through it! Anyways, enjoy reading this chapter.

P.S. HEATHENS IS SO FUGGIN GOOD YASSSS TØP FOR LIFE

Marinette sighed as she stared at the door, the sunlight dripping lazily onto the crystallized glass panes. This was it. The Boulangerie Passitiere.

Taking in a deep breath, Marinette poised her fist above the door, ready to knock. Then out of the blue someone burst through the door, pastries in hand, shoving past the blue haired girl without so much as a simple "Sorry!"

Marinette huffed, rolling her eyes. She redirected her gaze back to the door, and using the bit of courage she had, pushed herself through the doorway.

A bell jingled at her entrance, the murmurings of customers wafting through the air, sunlight pouring into the dainty shop. Marinette glanced around the bakery, breathing in the scent of cinnamon.

Noticing the line, Marinette went and stood right behind a boy, trying to peer over his shoulder. It jut so happened that this boy was a whole head taller than her, his shoulders broad.

Sighing, Marinette moved a step back and peered closely at the back of the boy, faint recognition swishing through her. The blonde hair was extremely familiar, shining golden in the sunlight, and his cotton white shirt smelled faintly of a familiar natural musk.

She stepped forward as the line moved, another pleased customer receiving their order. Humming idly to herself, Marinette distracted herself as the line kept moving, and suddenly she was second in line.

She heard the soft voice of the boy in front of her talking with a woman, and Marinette could barely contain her excitement. She was going to have a room, a home!

And then she just had to stumble into the boy.

He had turned around, carrying a box of pastries, and being the absent-minded person she was, she didn't move out of the way quickly enough. They both crashed together, sending the pastries flying to the floor.

Marinette squeaked, eyes going wide, as she dropped to the floor and scrambled to pick up the box. Her knees hit the pavement with a dull thud, her bones already aching at the rash action.

Picking up the box, Marinette hastened to her feet, slightly embarrassed as she shoved the box into the stranger's hands, not bothering to look at him.

"Marinette, was it?"

Said girl hummed in confusion as she stared at the boy, her eyes squinted curiously. "Oh!" she exclaimed in surprise, upon seeing his forest green eyes. It was the boy from first period, the one that sat next to Nino!

"Remember me?" the boy asked, moving to the side. He glanced behind Marinette, noticing there were no more people standing in line. He smiled. "It's Adrien, from your first period class?"

Marinette nodded, feeling a slight sense of delight slick through her veins. I learned his name! she thought happily. She smiled at him, tucking a piece of raven hair behind her ear. He's actually kind of cute, she thought to herself, examining his face.

Meanwhile, Adrien was doing the same, his eyes wandering around her face. He still loved those faint freckles, and her cute little button nose. He absolutely admired those crystal blue eyes, though. He pinned them as the most breathtaking piece of her face.

He shoved these thoughts out of his mind, as he pried his gaze away from her face and to the box of cinnamon rolls he bought. Adrien licked his lips hungrily, already dying with the lack of sugar he was experiencing. Cinnamon rolls were his favorite.