Chapter 19

Yo, brief author's note here!

I was wondering if y'all would be interested in doing a Q&A type thing with me? I love interacting with you guys and even though I love every comment I read, I don't always get to reply as much as I'd like.

Soooo, I thought a Q&A would be a fun way for you guys to get to me better while I talk with you! What do y'all think?

Comment your opinion and enjoy the next chapter, dear reader!

You woke to someone shaking your shoulder. Bolting upright and shivering, you turned to see who had woken you. It was Toby, a worried look painted across his features.

"Jesus, (Y/N)!" he cried and threw his arms around your shoulders, hugging you tightly. "You scared the hell out of me!"

"What do you mean?" you asked.

"You wouldn't wake up," he replied in a shaky voice. "I've been trying to get you up for nearly fifteen minutes."

"What?" You shook your head and buried your face in you hands, remembering the dream you'd had. You realized that you'd been crying. After wiping your eyes, you looked back to Toby, who still appeared worried and scared.

"A few minutes after I woke up, you started crying in your sleep," Toby frowned. "What did you dream?"

"I dreamt that I was in this room of black. And I saw Zero on the ground, bleeding. By the time I could reach him, it was too late. He was dead," you recalled and choked back fresh tears. You didn't have the heart or the energy to tell him out the kiss.

"It was just a dream," he sighed and pulled you into his arms once more. Despite Toby's comforting, you couldn't shake the feeling of unease wriggling in your stomach.

"I just have this awful feeling," you said with a shake of your head. You placed a hand over your stomach and took a deep breath, feeling a wave of sickness wash over you.

Toby placed his hands in yours and squeezed them. "If something's bothering you, we can call the guys and check on them, alright?"

You nodded and allowed Toby to pull you to your feet. He grasped your hand tightly as he led you to the phone and dialed the Slender mansion's number. Jeff answered on the second ring.

"I've been trying to get ahold of you two for hours," Jeff panted into the phone.

"What are you talking about?" Toby asked.

"Zero freaked out last night," he replied. "He was rambling something about knowing who he was. Then he just ran into the forest. Masky and Hoodie went after him, but he was already gone. We thought he might be trying to find you."

You were stunned into silence and another bout of nausea hit you.

Toby cursed. "We haven't seen him, but (Y/N) had a messed up dream about him."

"What do you mean?" Jeff growled.

"I dreamt that he was dead," you whispered, shaking your head slowly. "We have to find him. Now."

"Where were you in your dream?" Jeff asked.

"I- I couldn't see," you responded quietly. "I couldn't see anything."

"Concentrate," Toby encourage softly. "Can you remember anything about your surroundings in the room?"

You closed your eyes and thought hard. "It was pitch black. The only lights were on Zero and I."

"Anything, (Y/N)," Jeff pleaded. "The smell, the floors, any kind of sound. Anything will help."

"The floors were concrete," you replied after a moment. Then it hit you. "I know where he is."

"Where?"

"The basement Doctor Smiley had me in," you nodded confidently. Something about the suggestion felt right.

"We'll be at the mansion in an hour. Don't go anywhere and get everyone ready for a fight," Toby snapped into the phone, barely waiting for a reply before slamming it back into its place.

"Get dressed," he growled and tugged a shirt over his head.

"You look hot when you're serious," you jabbed half-heartedly. Your laughs were short lived as yet another sick feeling overwhelmed you. You dashed to the bathroom, Toby hot on your heels, and bent over the toilet, vomiting for a few moments. Toby held you hair out of your face and rubbed your back gently, a frown stretching across his face.

"There's no way I'm getting you to stay here, is there?" Toby sighed.

"Nope," you said and gagged again.

"You're not pregnant, are you?" he asked skeptically.

"Not a chance," you laughed bitterly and sat back against his chest. "Something about that dream just messed me up."

"I really don't like this," Toby sighed. "There's stuff in your head that I can't protect you from."

"Trust me, I don't like it either."

"Is there really nothing I can do to keep you here?" he pleaded.

"We're wasting time," you hissed and shifted your weight to stand up. Toby's frown deepened and he helped you to your feet. He didn't try to deter you again.

After cleaning up and getting dressed, you and Toby got into the car, telling only Jane where you were going, and drove to the Slender mansion. When you arrived, Jeff and the guys were already standing on the porch.

"Jeff told us about your dream," BEN said when you reached the steps. "How are you holding up?"

"I'm holding," you shrugged and gave your friend a weary smile.

"Is everyone ready?" Jeff asked and tossed a duffle bag onto the ground.

"As we'll ever be," everyone agreed. Jeff unzipped the bag and began distributing weapons respectively. You took your cleaver and shoved the handle through the loop of your jeans.

"Alright," Toby nodded. "Let's kick some ass and find ourselves an amnesiac."