Chapter 4

After the strange man had arrived, you and Toby had agreed it would probably be best for everybody to head home. You'd changed out of your wedding dress and into your favorite pair of sweatpants.

"Hey hottie," Toby smirked, eyeing your pajamas.

"You did not just say that," you sighed and sat down beside him on the couch. You stifled a yawn and leaned your head onto Toby's shoulder, who put his arm around you and drew you into his lap. You lie the for a moment with your head against his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat. You'd grown so accustomed to feeling his twitching that you barely even noticed anymore.

"I'm sorry," you whispered after a moment.

"You don't have anything to apologize for," he chuckled.

"But I-,"

"No buts," he smiled and lifted you up, carrying you like princess up the stairs. He strode past your old room where the man was resting and continued on to your new room. Toby hadn't allowed you inside for the past week, so you'd been staying with him in what was now his old room. Slender had insisted that the two of you relocate into a large room to accommodate all of your things and despite your protests, Slender arranged for the room to be furnished by the wedding. The furniture had come in a few days early, so you and Toby had taken a day to decorate before he locked you out.

"Oh, I'm allowed in now?" You muttered as your head lolled to the side. Your eyelids felt heavy and your mind fuzzy.

"I was hopping to do this right after the after party, but...," he trailed off. He tightened his grip on you and shifted your weight to one arm and use the other to open the door. Your breath caught in your throat. Red and white rose petals were trailed from the front door to the foot of the bed, where more petals were sprawled across the black covers. At least fifty candles illuminated the room.

"Did you do all this?"

"The candles took the longest," Toby shrugged and gently laid you on the bed. You burrowed under the comforter and pulled back the corner, patting the space beside you. Toby slid in, careful not to jostle you, and draped an arm across your side. 

"You should have let me help you out of that wedding dress," he mumbled, wiggling his eyebrows halfheartedly.

"Oh please," you giggled, "Your twitchy fingers couldn't undo a corset if your life depended on it."

"You never know until you try," he smiled sleepily. You buried your face in his chest once more and let his rhythmic breathing lull you to sleep. 

~~~~

You woke with a start. As the memory of the dream that had startled you leaked from your mind, you ran your fingers through your hair and sighed.

"You alright?" You heard Toby call from the bathroom doorway. You looked up to see him staring at you, wearing nothing but red plaid boxers and a black Hyrule t-shirt. His hair was wild and damp as if he'd tried to towel dry it. Your face grew warm and he smirked at you, obviously noticing your blush.

"You can get used to seeing this in the morning," he grinned and struck a pose. You laughed and tossed a pillow at him, which he caught easily. "Which do you want first: shower or breakfast?"

"Shower," you yawned. With a quick nod, he disappeared into the bathroom to run the water. You took your time getting out of bed, savoring the last moments of warms before embarking into the chilly open air. You rubbed your arms with your hands and shuffled into the large double bathroom. Toby was standing at the long, rectangular mirror brushing his teeth. You paused to brush out your tangled hair before exploring the huge shower, which was about the size of a decent walk-in closet. The water streamed from the roof like rain and small benches extended from the walls like a sauna. Steam distorted the glass sliding doors and you found a dial that adjusted the water pressure. Basically, it was heaven.

"This thing is gigantic!" You squealed as you poked your head around the corner to talk to Toby. "It's like it was built for-"

"Two people?" He suggested, making eye contact through the mirror and giving you an innocent smile.

"I was going to say sumo wrestlers," you shrugged, ignoring his pout. You quickly slipped out of your clothes and into the foggy room, closing the glass doors behind you to trap the heat. After a few minutes of bliss, you heard a knock on the glass. You wiped a strip of steam away to look through and saw Toby staring back, his arms still crossed in silent disappointment. 

"What do you want for breakfast?" He asked.

"Whatever you're eating," you replied, "You know what I like."

"So indecisive," he tisked and turned to leave.

"Wait!" You called.

"Miss me already?"

"No, you goof, I forgot to grab a towel."

"It'd be a shame if you had to walk to the closet without one," Toby shrugged, a mischievous grin making it's way onto his lips.

"Toby Rogers, you better grab me a towel or I swear, I'll make Sally dress you up again."

"That wasn't too bad," he laughed.

"Wanna be the princess this time?"

"Oh lord no, BEN and Jeff would never let me live that down!"

With that realization, he darted from the bathroom and quickly returned with a fresh towel that he hung on the door.

"Thank you," you smiled sweetly.

"How about a thank you kiss?" He smirked. Knowing he wouldn't leave until his wish was fulfilled, you cracked open the glass door and stuck you head out, being sure to wear your best face of annoyance. He wasn't convinced. He put a hand on the door for support and leaned in, planting a kiss on your forehead.

"Hey," you pouted.

"You're all wet," he snickered.

"Well, duh," you scoffed and grabbed him by the neck of his shirt. He leaned in the rest of the way willingly, letting his lips meet yours. The two of you were suspended in the moment until you heard a knock at the bathroom door.

"You two in there?" BEN called.

"Yeah," Toby called in a defeated voice.

"Can I come in?"

"No!" You and Toby shouted at the same time.

"Well, this creepy guy just woke up and refuses to talk to anyone but you, (Y/N)."