Chapter seven

We arrange to meet Jace and Beth at the cake shop at ten thirty and I have a hair appointment booked at twelve, I shower and dress alone this morning so Coop could go for a run. I feel good, the drugs have left my system and my head is clear. I smile at my reflection in the mirror, it's a rare occasion that I voluntarily put on a dress but the day outside is too nice not to show some skin. It helps that I now have someone I want to show it to. The short red sundress has thin straps and stops just below my ass, I pair it with a pair of black wedges that make my legs look so much longer. I braid my hair to the side and apply some mascara and lip gloss, my skin is glowing and my cheeks are pink so I don't need anything else.
Upstairs I decide to check in with Cole while I wait, as always he answers straight away.
"Morning gorgeous girl" he greets me and I can hear the smile in his voice.
"I could have been Cooper you know, he prefers princess" I answer him laughing.
"No, I knew it was you. How are you?"
"I'm great, how about you? How's the drive? You're not sleepy are you? I hope you have been stopping"
"Calm down, I'm fine. The drive is long and boring, I've been stopping enough and no I'm not sleepy. You sound like you miss me?"
"I do" I tell him softly.
"Izzy you do my head in, do you know that?" He groans.
"Sorry, you asked and I'm not going to lie to you. I know we only just officially met a few weeks ago but Cole you are important to me, somehow it feels like you have always been a part of my life"
"I know honey it's like that for me too"
"It's like that for Cooper too you know, he loves having a brother" I say.
"So do I, I wish I knew him sooner. But I'm glad he never knew me, or our father back then. If I had the choice I would choose to never have met that prick"
"I'm sorry he didn't leave you too, I wish I could have taken you in as well. We would have gotten into so much trouble growing up, I can tell you would have been the bad influence and Coop would always have been the one to get us out of it" I giggle.
"Oh Izzy there's still time, I'm still a bad influence" he laughs.
"Oh Poor Coop" I sigh.
"Nah, I think there's a bad boy hidden in him somewhere. Don't worry I'll find it, his bachelor party is still coming up right?" He muses.
"Don't tell me. I really don't want to know what you have planned, in my eyes he is a perfect gentleman. Don't spoil it" I laugh.
"Sure sure" he replies and he says it just like Cooper.
"Thanks for all the food by the way, you didn't have to do that"
"My pleasure honey, I wasn't going to leave my brother to fend for himself and I don't want you having to cook for him while you get better. I want to look after you too you know. He wouldn't let anyone see you and I felt so helpless, I had to do something"
"Thank you Cole, trust me when I say you should be glad you didn't see me in there. That shit is going to give Coop nightmares for the next twenty years.... Oh god you were with him when I woke up the first time weren't you? In emergency?" I gasp.
"Yeah honey, we all were there. You don't feel like that anymore right? Promise me you will come to me before you do anything stupid. If you're not happy I can run away with you, we can find what you need to be happy" he is serious and sad.
"No, I don't. I am happy and yes I promise"
"Just say the word gorgeous" he breathes.
"Sure sure" I copy him.
"Where is Cooper? I haven't heard him sucking on your face yet"
"He's out running, he should be back soon"
"You didn't go with him? Don't you live for that shit?"
"Doctors orders, I'm not allowed to do anything for days because of the drugs they gave me. And no boxing til further notice, well I can train but I'm not allowed to get hit til I have more brain scans in three months. Stupid motherfuckers" I grumble and Cole chuckles.
"Good, I don't want them boys hitting you anyway. It's not right"
"But it's fun, it's really not violent at all. You have met Cooper right? He would never hurt me"
"Accidents happen when you play rough Iz" he sounds frustrated.
The front door opens and Cooper walks in all sweaty and sexy and out of breath.
"Hey Chuckles. Wow, you look like you went hard" I smile up at him.
"Hmm you know it baby" he breathes then bends to kiss me. "Oh god that's not your mother is it?" He whispers and I laugh.
"Yes Coop it's my mum, she wants to know what is hard?" I smirk, he grabs the phone and checks caller ID then rolls his eyes.
"Tell her my dick" he smirks back and I choke out a laugh.
"Yeah Iz a real fucking gentleman you got there" Cole tells me.
"Relax he knew it was you" I sigh.
"I'm hitting the shower babe, it's almost time to go" Coop kisses me again and heads downstairs.
"Where you going?" Cole asks.
"Wedding stuff with Jace and Beth"
"Oh, cool" it doesn't sound like he thinks it's cool.
"None of the fun stuff, just choosing cakes and deciding who sits where. Like I care about any of that, I just want to say I do and dance all night"
"Can I sit next to you?" He asks.
"Cole, I think that's where the groom would sit"
"Yeah, right" he whispers.
"I can put you in a dress and you can sit on the other side of me?" I tease to try and lighten his mood.
"Would I have to wax my legs?"
"And your pits" I giggle.
"Nah I'll pass, just save me a dance"
"Can you dance?"
"When I get home you should find out, can we go party? Celebrate your good mental health"
"That sounds awesome, I could use a good party. You haven't met my other friends yet either, they will go crazy for you. Hmm I could sacrifice you as my favour I owe them"
"What are you talking about?" He chuckles.
"You love me right? You would take one for the team? I've been a bad friend and my girls are man hungry, you're fresh meat" I giggle.
"Are they hot?"
"Do you like blonde?"
"Yeah"
"Do you like tall?"
"Yeah"
"Then yeah, they're hot. They are the exact opposite of me"
"Count me in, I could use a distraction"
"Then you get Leah, Rose is not a distraction kind of girl"
"I thought I got both?" He pouts.
"Cole, really?"
"Hey don't be jealous, you're invited too" he laughs at my prudeness.
"Okay! So I'm going now. Drive safe, get home soon"
"You know it"
I hang up shaking my head. A few minutes later Cooper walks back in fresh and clean and giving me butterflies.
"God damn you look good, are you sure I get to marry you?" I smile as I give him a good looking over.
His plain white tee with its deep v neck and tight dark denim jeans has me biting my lip, the way I can see the bulge of his biceps and wide shoulders compared to his small waist.
"I thought I better put in some effort today, seeing as my girl looks like a fucking goddess in that dress" he tells me smiling.
His arms wrap around me and his hands find my ass under my short dress. Oh busted! I'm only wearing a tiny thong underneath.
"And yes I'm sure you get to marry me, I was born to be your husband. Fuck baby you're not going out like this are you? A slight breeze and everyone will get a peek of what belongs to me" he groans nuzzling my neck.
I know he can feel the goosebumps that have broken out all over my ass and thighs.
"I was, you weren't supposed to see my underwear til we got home. Or the closest public bathroom if I couldn't wait that long, this outfit offers easy access" I breathe holding him by the hair.
"Oh fuck I want you now baby, you feel so good" his hands reach past my ass and cup me between my legs and I moan.
"We don't have time right now" I breathe.
"Baby I'll be quick" he bites my neck and I giggle.
"Hmm just what a girl wants to hear" I tease.
"Then go put some pants on" he slaps my ass.
I kiss him quick and go find some short gym shorts I can wear under my dress, I flash Cooper as I come back upstairs and he nods satisfied.
"Better, thank you for appeasing your old man. I appreciate it baby" he smiles shyly at me.
"Anything to make you happy lover, you just have to ask"
"Baby, I just asked for sex?!" He blurts calling me out.
"And I haven't said no, you just need to wait a little bit" I wink at him and he shakes his head at me.
"Let's go before I forget I'm a gentleman and bend you over this couch" he mumbles making me laugh.
"Maybe Cole was right about you" I giggle.
His head snaps to me and his humour is gone.
"What did he say about me?"
"We were joking about who the good and bad brother was between you two, I told him he would be the bad boy because you are a gentleman but he thinks you definitely have a inner bad boy and wants to bring him out to play" I explain.
"What makes you think that?" He breathes.
"What? That he is a bad boy or that you are a gentleman?" I ask to clarify.
"Both"
"Well let's see, so far today you have asked me if you could make love to your wife and he has asked me if he could have a threesome with my girlfriends. Cooper, I love that you're a gentleman. You just don't have what it takes to be a bad boy" I run my hands over his chest as I talk so I feel his chest puff up at my words.
"Baby girl, those words on your lips. My whole life I have wanted to make love to my wife" he sighs.
"That must be why you're so good at it" my breath hitches as I feel the heat in his words.
"He really asked for a threesome?" He shakes his head finally hearing that part.
"He did, still think he's madly in love with me?" I scoff.
"Let's go" he shakes his head and avoids the question.