Chapter 20- Kidnapped

A few days later I decided it was time to confront the team. I hope Dick didn't tell them about the kiss. I know Artemis would be furious with me and that's what killed me the most.
I took a deep breath before entering the Zeta Tube. When I was inside the cave everyone was practicing. They all looked over at me. Hate. Pure hate was in all their eyes. Well except Artemis and Dick's. Dick's was pure lust. Artemis's was pure happiness. She ran over to me and hugged me so tightly I could barely breath. 

"Never and I repeat never, scare me like that again" she whispered.

"I won't" I promised hugging her back. "So your not mad at me?" I asked.

 "Yes I'm mad at you. But I'm more happy than mad at the moment. Every other time I was scared to death. I thought you would never come to your senses" she said. 

Zatanna said some spell. Suddenly it felt like I couldn't breath. "Artemis! I...............Can't............Breath..........!" I gasped out. She quickly let me go and I toppled to the ground trying to gasp for air. I heard everyone run to me. Then a pair of arms picked me up and start running. They ran me to the doctor type office and set me down on the table. 

They all started hooking me up to breath things. "She must be choking on a hair ball" Zatanna said leaning on the wall. 

"What's going on?" Batman asked coming into the room. 

"Zatanna put a spell on Kitty and she can't breath!" Robin said. Artemis ran over to Zatanna and pinned her against the wall. 

"UNDO THE SPELL ZATANNA!!!" Artemis yelled in fury.

 "But she's a trader! She doesn't deserve to live!" Zatanna yelled back.

 "Zatanna undo the spell!" Zatanna's father yelled. Zatanna sighed in defeat and said a spell. Finally I could breath! I sucked in a big breath while sitting up. I shot a death glare at Zatanna in which she returned. 

Then Dick hugged me burying his face in the crook of my neck. Now I knew why Zatanna hated me. She wanted Robin, but I had him. She thinks by killing me she'll be the one to comfort Robin. Soon he'll fall head over heels. It all made sense now. Zatanna wanted me dead. 

I hugged Robin back.

"Kitty, may I talk to you in alone please" Batman said.

 "Um sure. Am I in trouble?" I asked once we entered a room. 

"No, you're not in trouble. It's just that some of the league don't trust you. After all you did betray the team. I understand why you left though. If I saw the person I love kissing another person I would have done the same thing. But you still need to prove that you're good again. So your mother and I have talked and decided that we're going to send you on a solo mission. No one else on the team finds out though. Understood?" Batman said.

"Yes sir. Crystal clear" I said. 

"Wait Kitty" Batman said as I was getting ready to walk out the door.

 "As much as I hate to say this, there's only a ninety eight percent chance you'll come back..........................Alive" Batman said. "I know it's a big risk and that's why if you don't want to go you don't have to" he added.

 "No I'll go" I said. A solo mission. Ninety eight percent chance I'll come back alive. Okay Alex you can do this. It's the only way to gain everyone's trust back. I wrote a quick note to everyone just in case I didn't come back. 

I hopped on my bike and headed to the location Batman gave me. The whole way there all I could think about is if I never came back, would the team care? I knocked out the guards and went inside the building through the air vents. So far so good. I couldn't bring my com just in case it gave me away. So if I was hurt, no one would be able to know. I looked down and saw a door. The item must be in there! I jump out of the vents and started hacking the system. 

"Look what the cat dragged in!" a voice said from behind me. 

That voice!

 "Joker!" I gasped and turned around only to black out immediately.

Dick's pov-

It's been awhile since any of us have heard from Alex. And now I was getting worried. 

"Team report to the mission room! NOW!" Batman said in a panicked voice. This must be important! When we got there we seen Bruce sweating like crazy and Catwoman crying her eyes out.

 "What's going on?" Megan asked.

 "Kitty's gone missing!" Catwoman cries out. Wait what does she mean Kitty's gone missing?! 

"What happened to her?!" I asked. 

"I sent her on a solo mission. Her success rate of coming back alive was two percent" Batman said. 

"YOU SENT HER ON A MISSION BY HERSELF THAT HAD A NINETY EIGHT PERCENT CHANCE OF FAILURE?!!!!!!!" I yelled. I lost her once. I'm not losing her again.

Batman gave us the location of the place where he sent Kitty. Please still be alive! We finally found her. Joker was zapping her with lasers. I tackled him to the ground and started punching him as hard as I could. After awhile the team pulled my off him. The told his to get Kitty and that they would handle Joker. I obediently listened (no matter how much I didn't want to. But Alex needs me) and got Alex down. Carried her bridal style.

After awhile we came upon some guards. I hid Alex and started fighting. "Robin! Get out of the way!" I heard Alex's voice crack. Suddenly I looked up to see part of the ceiling falling. CRAP! Then I felt someone push me out of the way from the side. It was Alex.

Alex's pov-

Joker kept on zapping me with lasers. After awhile the team came. I could barely keep my eyes open. I watched as Robin beat the crap out of Joker. 

Finally, he came over to me and helped me down. I'm guessing he thought I was knocked out. He carried me bridal style until we met some guards. He hid me and began to fight. I watched. Soon I looked up and seen some ceiling start to fall. Dick was right under neath. 

"Robin! Get out of the way!" I yelled but soon regretted it a little as my voice sounded really cracky. He looked up. NO! I jumped up and pushed him from the side out of the way so the ceiling fell on me instead. I immediately blacked out. It was worth it to save the person I love.

Dick's pov-

NO! I got up and started digging up Kitty. She looked terrible! She was cut everywhere and she looked like she hit her head pretty hard. I can't loose her again. Please dear God say she's still alive.