chapter 14 ♡

Everything was a blur.

I didn't care that I had stitches, or that my arm was fractured.

all I cared about was calum.

he shielded me from the glass, the car that hit us. he protected me.

"where is he? I want to see him!" I yelled at the doctor in my room, my voice cracking already. "please! let me see him." I cry into my hands, my arm is aching although it already has a cast on it.

"grace. I'm sorry honey but he is in critical condition. you two were involved in a car crash and he took most of the damage. it's family only right now...he's awake but...we aren't sure if that will last very long." the doctor explained to me. I probably looked pathetic, but my flaws didn't matter right now, calum did.

"let me see him! I need to see him please. I just want to talk to him..." I yell some more, tears streaming down my face. " I love him" I whisper.

"oh honey..." the doctor sighs, "come with me."

I nod and follow her down a few hallways, finally turning into a room that revealed and cut and bruised calum.

"oh no." I gasp, "no, no!" I yell.

"calm down, grace, please." the doctor comforts me as I go to sit next to him, grabbing his hand and gripping it tightly.

his hands were still warm, and very comforting.

"oh my god calum I am so sorry." I cry , looking at his handsome face. "This is all my fault. I love you calum. I love you."

suddenly his eyes flutter open quickly and he smiles weakly, "grace?" he grips my hand tightly, "I'm gonna miss you." he laughs weakly.

"no. I won't let you die." I say as tears keep pouring down my face.

"I love you grace, always." he smiles again and I smile back, tears still falling down my face.

his smile stays as his eyes close, and suddenly, his hand falls limp.

I watched him with a face full of pain and agony.

"calum." i squeak, "please dont go." I let out a silent sob.

he didn't deserve this, it was all my fault.

"calum?" I sob, "calum please..." I lay my head on his chest, sobbing endlessly. "don't go" I cry more and more, then the nurses rush in, trying to revive him from the infinite sleep he was already put in.

"mam, you need to go." the nurse pulled and pulled but I wouldn't let go. he's gone. he's dead. he's never coming back.

they couldn't bring him back, he was already out of my reach.

I look at calums face one more time, just to make sure this wasn't just some sick joke.

but it wasn't a joke. it was real.

I walk out of the room slowly. processing what had just occurred.

I dropped to the ground on my knees,
an endless waterfall of tears falling down my face.

I suddenly see my mom and calum's mom enter from the elevator, and as they both run towards me I realize something,

I realized that calum did have a flaw.

it was loving me.

**
DONT KILL ME OKAY