chapter 7 ♡

sorry this is late! but im back on track :)

**

a catastrophe.

everything was so wonderful that day, everything was so comfortable and peaceful as i layed my head on calums chest and we fell asleep in eachothers arms. but he left me that night, he left me laying in the middle of the beautiful meadow. and the next day and all the days after everything changed.

well, calum changed.

he wouldn't talk to me, he hadn't talked to me for weeks now and it was slowly breaking me apart. sometimes i could see a look of pain on his face as he rejected me repeatedly. i tried to talk to him, i tried going to his house but nothing worked.

he left and something told me he was never coming back.

there wasn't any explanation as to why he left, he just did.

but i guess that's how it worked, right? you start to like someone so much that you get attached, you become obsessed with them and you know one day they'll leave but you tell yourself you'll be okay when they leave, that it won't hurt even though deep down you know it will. you know it'll break you and peice by peice you'll start to break down.

and you know the only thing that can stop you from breaking down is that person.

it doesn't matter how long you've known them, no, its all about how that person makes you feel.

you could fall in love in the time span of a month, a week, a day. all depending on how they make you feel.

calum made me feel like i was normal, he made me feel like i could talk and I wouldn't be embarrassed.

he didn't have a flaw. he thinks he has so many flaws but he doesnt, not one.

he's perfect, but he doesn't think so. and i liked him. i liked him because of the way he makes me feel, i liked him because he was himself and he thought he wasn't enough but he is, he's enough for me.

but now he's gone and he won't ever come back.

this is my catastrophe.

"grace, please pay attention." my therapist says, waving her pale hand in my face with a look of sadness on her face, "you aren't saying anything, grace. not one word. why?"

i stare at the wall behind her, avoiding her questions.

I didn't want to talk about calum. i knew if i did, i would cry and i hate crying.

calum meant a lot to me. he was my best friend, the only person who would even talk to me. he was the one person who would talk and talk and he didnt even mind that i didnt answer.

i probably sound clingy but he didn't seem to mind when he actually talked to me.

"here." she slid paper and pen towards me and nodded towards it, encouraging me to write.

i huffed and picked it up, writing one word on the paper and training my eyes on the pale blue wall.

heartbreak

that's what i wrote because I wasn't in the mood to explain myself to someone who would try to tell me he was just a boy and that there is "plenty of fish in the sea"

"darling, hes ju-"

she started but I stop her with a glare and whisper a simple, "no."

i grab by phone and walk out of the small room, roughly wiping away the tears that had slipped out.

even thinking about him made me upset. it made me mad because he left, it made me mad because i loved him. maybe it wasn't real love and maybe it wouldn't last for ever but i do love calum.

"grace?" i hear a familiar voice say worriedly as i rush across the parking lot. "grace stop."

i don't stop and i run to my car, locking the doors and turning the car on and drive away.

calum didn't have a right to talk to me, not anymore. i missed him, i missed him more than anything but i tried to talk to him. i tried to get him back and now he lost his chance.

and it breaks me apart

**

I KNOW THIS CHAPTER SUCKS DONT JUDGE ME