chapter 3 ♡

thats hot....
anywayyyss
hope you guys are enjoying this!

**

you know that feeling you get when something happens to someone you care about, and a wave of sadness consumes you?

yeah, well that's exactly what just happened.

as soon as he said those words he sunk down on the floor as did I, we sat embraced for several minutes, hours for all I cared.

he was hurt, he was sad.

and he still had no flaw.

it wasn't easy for me, to watch him cry. I hadn't known the boy a full day and he's already sat on my floor crying his heart out.

I was glad he was here though, what else was I meant to be doing anyway? reading?

"grace..." calum slowly lifted his head, "I'm so sleepy" he yawned.

"sleep" I smiled, my eyes just as droopy as his.

"I-i, uh are you sure?" he asked, I nodded. "won't your parents be mad?" I shook my head no and smiled.

"ok, I'll stay." he told me, a sad smile plastered on his face.

I enthusiastically clapped my hands and put a grin on my face, and he giggled

"excited much?" he smirked.

"no" I blushed, but in all honesty, I was.

and I'm not sure what is happening, but I've been talking to calum more than I've talked to anyone, besides my parents.

"I'll sleep on the floor." he starts to make him self comfortable but I pull him up and point to the bed.

he looks at me curiously, I could tell he wasn't sure what he was supposed to be doing, so I got in the bed making myself comfortable.

"lay." I demand, patting the spot beside me.

"oh getting close now are we?" he chuckles.

I look at him with pure confusion, unsure of what he meant by that.

"hm?" I scrunch up my nose, thinking about what he had meant.

what can I say, I'm as innocent as mary herself.

"It wa- oh my-, nevermind, doll." he laughed quietly and I smiled.

I liked it when he laughed, it made me happy to see him smile and enjoy himself.

I like it when people are happy, when people laugh. Its one of the only moments where a person gets to show their real self, the parts that have no flaws, no imperfections.

It is a lovley thing.

"why are you smiling?" he looked at me curiously.

"you" I shrugged and turned my back to him facing the wall.

"hey grace?" calum asked.
"hm?"
"why don't you talk a lot?" he asks and I almost choke on my own saliva.

he noticed my obvious change in mood because I suddenly stopped moving, breathing...thinking.

I finally regain the strength to sit up and face him, only to embarrass myself even more.

"ah- uh-n- i" by now my eyes were filling with tears, which were threatening to fall.

everyday, someone asks me this question. and it scares me, it scares me because i didn't know why. I don't know whats wrong with me.

but the air was getting so much thicker, everything was spinning. It wasn't normal, I couldnt speak, I couldn't think or do anything but worry. I was scared, nervous.

it was an all too familiar feeling,
this is an anxiety attack... luckily,
I knew what to do.

or at least I think I did...

breathe, that's what my therapist had told me.

I tried, over and over I took deep breaths but it didn't work.

calum looked at me with worry, "grace? grace are you okay?"

I was hyperventilating now, everything was closing in. I was losing control.

"hey, hey." calum took my face in his hands and said, "look around, okay? find five things you can see."

a car, a tree, a house, a door, and a girl on a jog.

my breathing slowed, but my panic was still at a high.

"there, now four things you can touch." he smiled and took my hand.

you

was the only thing I thought of for that one. he was the one person who knew, knew how to calm me.

I didn't know why he was the first thing I thought of. It was kinda like I'd known known him for a while, but in reality it had only been a day.

I got so caught up in his questions I forgot about my nerves, my fears, my panic.

everything just...stopped.

"why the anxiety?" calum asked softly.

I pointed to the light pink pad of paper and the purple pen, and he knew what I meant because he got them for me. handing them to me gently.

I wrote,

"im selectively mute, too much anxiety"

He replied, " woah." his eyes widened, "ive never met a mute girl as cool as you." he smiled sweetly, "don't worry, by the way. I'm used to anxiety. Don't be embarrassed, im not."

I wrote,

"well, I did see you cry."

I look at him only to see his brown eyes staring back at me, a big smile on his face,

"shut up , doll."

**
OMG THIS SUCKED.
anyways i got that anxiety attack grounding method thing from tumblr so if it looks familiar thats why. I do NOT take credit for that AT ALL.

I read your comments so you should comment lol.