chapter 8 ♡

hello. school is almost over and I've been super occupied with getting ready for tests and all so i might not be updating very frequently but I'll try to update every few days if i have time. thanks for reading, enjoy!

**
calum

leaving grace that day was probably the hardest thing i ever had to do.

but it was for her. being near me, it would only bring her trouble.

grace already had enough going on.

everyday i wonder why i even left, because i was happy with grace but then i left and now im miserable.

but everything i do, everything i did, she wouldve found out and left me, and ive already had enough people do that to me already.

me and grace werent anything...but we were something. it was confusing, but i didnt mind. as long as i was with grace i wouldve been okay.

but seeing grace everyday at school walking alone, watching her slowly give up on me, it hurt.

she must think i hate her, but its the exact opposite. grace was probably my favorite person on this planet at the moment.

"hey, cal, you coming or not?" michael yelled, waving at me to join him in his car.

michael was a nice guy, we became friends the day after i left grace in that meadow.

he was a good friend, but he wasnt grace.

"yeah, yeah." i tell him, getting in the car and slammimg the door shut, "where to today?"

"wherever." he said, shrugging and waiting for me to suggest a place.

"anywhere quiet." i say, i just wanted to leave grace behind, to forget but it was impossible.

"aren't you a debbie downer." michael laughs, " library it is then."

I silently agree and turn up the radio, thinking about grace again.

when i saw her yesterday, it was heartbreaking. it looked like she was sad, heartbroken mostly. If she wouldve stayed for just a few more seconds, i wouldve said something. explained why i left.

i probably wouldve gone back to her.

she probably doesn't know ive listened to all the voicemails shes sent me over 100 times.

but i guess that was my fault wasnt it?

"I've gotta do homework anyway, " michael laughs as we walk down to the library. I just smile and nod and pretend to care when i didnt.

honestly I didnt care about anything but one thing right now. one girl.

we sat at a round table and took out some work, but I knew i wouldnt do it. I could barley think, let alone work.

I put in my earphones and put on some music, staring off into space.

that was until i saw grace.

I stood up quickly without warning and walked towards her, tapping her shoulder hesitantly and waiting.

"grace?" i whisper.

what was i doing?

she turns around quickly with wide eyes and once she realizes its me her eyes start to water.

"no, grace, please stop- " i was cut off by her hand wiping her face and she turns back to me, emotionless.

"what?" her voice cracks, waiting patiently.

||grace anderson point of veiw||

calum was at the library.

i came to get away from him and now hes here.

"grace i miss you and im so sorry." he said quietly, you could tell he was nervous and he meant it but id had enough.

I take a deep breath, and i feel my face turning a deep red color.

"you're sorry?" i ask angrily, calum looking scared, "do you have any idea what youve done to me? you left. you left and ive been heartbroken. i thought you hated me and you just say your sorry? you know what calum, screw you! i left you messages and you ignored them, i followed you around school for days and made a complete fool out of myself for you! i thought i could trust you, you were one of the only people i could trust." i yell, tears already streaming down my face. people began to stare and listen in, but i couldnt care less. "but apparently, I can't trust anyone."

calum stepped back, surprised that i had spoken more than a few words until he finally regained his senses.

and honestly, i was surprised too. but my voice and my flaws were the least of my worries.

" i didnt want to leave you, i had to! i dont know what i was thinking when i left you in the meadow.. i thought I didn't deserve you. you were too sweet and nice but i got into fights and i was just all wrong for you so i left. and now i miss you." he yelled back.

we stare at eachother for a couple seconds, surprised at eachother.

" you two, get out!" the librarian yelled, pointing to the door and we follow her orders, calum too shocked to speak and me too embarrassed.

i just yelled at calum.

"im sorry, grace. ill say it a million times if i have to." calum pleads and i think.

if i left him behind, my life would be so much easier.

but i couldnt take that path, because whatever we were, it was worth it.

forgiving calum would be easy, i knew that for sure. i was too forgiving when it came to people.

not that i had dealt with many people before.

i guess that was another one of my many flaws.

"I forgive you, calum."

**

I AM VERY SORRY FOR MOVING THIS STORY SO FAST. its just that i need to get the story done and this was the best idea i had... tell me if you like it or not

have a wonderful day

--------not edited!!!