chapter 1 ♡

**

flaw

"a mark,fault or other imperfection that mars a substance or object"

flaws are an ideology. what you see as a flaw I may see as beautiful just as what I see as a flaw you may see as beautiful. This then raises the question of "are flaws even real?"... Well yes and no.
you see a flaw by definition is: "a mark, fault or other imperfection that mars a substance or object".
So yes flaws are real but according to the dictionary they don't apply to humans as we are not substance nor object we are human, blood, beating heart. 100% brain using human. though...humans are plagued by insecurity, a nasty little disease which inevitably infects us all and it eats away at us, beats us up and kicks is once we are down , we let insecurity consume us... so I guess ...flaws do apply to humans , the flaw of the human species: insecurity. A universal flaw.

Flaw

"An ideology created by humans which suggests that there is something wrong with us"

i never could really describe how much i hated interacting with people. it was just something that had always been a fatal flaw to my personality, i was socially awkward...at least that's what some people would call it. talking to people was never something i enjoyed, probably because i wasnt the type of person to talk much. that was my flaw. my very own insecurity. this caused me  to wonder why i was talking to hannah davidson right now. i never talked to hannah davidson.

hannah was someone everyone liked, if they liked girls who talked too much. she was perky and always happy. she was never one to bully you for how you looked or how you would act in front of people, which is why i sorta liked hannah. she was nice.

"but then my friend sara was totally into him and i just..." she rambled on and on about some boyfriend or drama she was having. i wasnt really sure, i just listened to her rambling voice, even though I couldn't understand one word of what she was saying.

"have you seen the new boy, he sits alone everyday. he doesn't talk much, and he's kinda mean. i dont know, what do you think?" hannah asked.

"huh?" i asked, "sorry.." i blushed and looked away. i always blushed after i talked, i didnt talk much to begin with so when i did it was quick and easy. i dont do sentences either i mean, why waste my words on people who wouldnt really listen? plus, i hated being embarrassed. it sucked.

"its okay, grace! no need to be shy. anyways, he's over there." she pointed to a very cute boy sitting alone at the table in the corner. "i tried to talk to him but he didn't want to be talked to...maybe you could try, you could probably relate. any-hoo, i gotta run. catch you later, grace!" she exclaimed, waving frantically.

hannah couldn't really control what she said, that was her flaw. she said whatever she thought was true. at least she's honest, though.

the lonley boy sitting at the corner table looked annoyed. probably because every single person in the cafeteria was whispering about him, that happens all the time to new kids though. he'll probably become popular fast because of his looks. it was routine for this to happen.

to be in that "popular" clique, you either have to be rich or pretty. there were no exceptions. they loved to pick on kids, especially kids with fatal flaws.

i didnt mind getting picked on though, i kinda got used to it after a while.

i mean, who wouldn't pick on a girl who didnt talk because she had a problem.