chapter 10 ♡

WHATA BABE

**

rocks.

rocks were being thrown at my window, again.

this isn't the first time calum has thrown something at my window to get me to get up and let him in. and everytime i give in.

what? im a curious person. i always wonder why he comes to me in the middle of the night, but when i ask he usually avoids the question. he usually comes because he got into a fight with his mom but with calum, you never know.

i open the door quietly, not bothering to change out of my pink frog shorts and my black undershirt. there was no point in changing anymore, calum had already seen me in my pajamas.

"calum?" i say, rubbing my eyes tiredly.

"its me." he says and sniffles, rushing in and tip toeing up to my room as usual.

i shut the front door and lock it, walking up silently and closing my bedroom door when i get there.

"whats wrong, what happened?" i look up at him only to see him sitting on my bed with a tear streamed face.

"grace, i cant fix it this time." he whispers, "im so messed up." he puts his head in his hands and starts to cry, i sit next to him and rub his back comfortingly.

"nope," i think, "still no flaw."

"no you arent." i say quietly and he shifts so that his head lays on my lap and my back is againts the wall.

"everythings so complicated. why can't i just be a normal kid with a normal life? why do i have to live a hard life, huh?" he asks him self while i run my hand through his fluffy hair. it was very comforting, for him, and for me. at least it seemed that way.

"different is okay." i tell him with a smile on my face, but his frown stays on.

"not for me." he grunts, "everyone looks at me like im either going to beat them up, or like im insane."

"but they're wrong." i say, confused.

but in reality i knew, i knew the feeling of people judging you. thinking things that aren't true.

"thats the thing, grace, they arent." he says angrily, getting up.

i frown and pull his hand so he could come back. he looks at me with sad eyes, a depressing look on his face that makes me wonder what hes thinking.

"we are opposites grace." he declares, "you, you're grace. you're pretty and nice and smart. im a disgrace, get it? the oposite of you. im nothing. im stupid. im rude and im just a terrible person. i left you, for no reason, i ignored you and you still forgave me." he crys, still being somewhat quiet. "you wanted a flaw? there you go."

"opposites attract." i give him a light smile, "and you are none of those things." i say quietly, my voice slightly cracking.

he laughs, "i am all of those things."

i shake my head no and pat my lap, signalling for him to come back and this time he does.

"im sorry grace." he says sleepily, closing his eyes, "im sorry for leaving."

"forgiven" i say simply, continuing to play with his hair.

i didn't necessarily know what me and calum were exactly, but whatever it is, i like it.

**
saturdays were most definitely my favorite days of the week. the reason being that one, calum comes over for most of the day and two, theres no school.

school usually makes everything about 10 times harder than they already were. another reason i hate school was because calum hated school. calum was smart, he just didn't try too hard anymore. ever since he and his mom started to have problems, everything went downhill.

saturdays were days were me and calum could stay at my house and just lay on the couch watching some ridiculous show that none of us actually liked. we just liked to be near eachother, i guess.

"grace, me and your father are going out on a date tonight. I want you both to behave. your brother is at his girlfriends house but he'll be back by the time we get back." she yelled from the front door.

"okay mom." I say, "love you."

the front door slams shut suddenly and calum laughs, "she really wanted to go, huh?"

"yeah. haven't been on many dates." I shrug.

"ahh, I see." calum says and looks up and sighs. "wanna dance?" he smiles.

"don't know how," I say, watching the tv carefully, flipping channels.

"oh come on! you just follow my lead. i promise i wont laugh." he begs.

i look at him, annoyed. "one dance. then we watch tv."

"yes!" he smiles, "which record to play.." he says, flipping through my records slowly. "aha! perfect."

"taylor swift, calum." I laugh, "are you kidding?"

"no!" he says, looking offended. "I love taylor."

"okay, okay." I say, putting my hands up in defense.

He puts on the first song and takes my hand, "are you ready to dance?" he wiggles his eyebrows.

"no but I have to don't I?" I pout.

"indeed." he states and smiles. "okay so this way, ow- no grace the other way. grace thats backwards!" he laughs and his fave scrunches up in concentration, "just follow my lead, grace! you can do it."

"this is too hard, calum. I can't do it.." I huff.

"just try?" he asks, dragging me up and moves slowly as I follow.

i gasp, "im dancing!"

"yes!" calum says, and then of course I trip on his foot. "woah, you alright?"

he pulls me up and we're suddenly face-to-face, his eyes intensely staring at mine.

**

ill be uploading two chapters since I haven't uploaded in so long!

NOT edited!