chapter 4 ♡

idk why I like that pic of cal so much

anyways enjoy this chapter

**
after that night, the week went by fairly well.

me and calum had many classes togther, and we always sat by eachother at lunch. he did most of the talking, though I don't think he found it annoying.

we also walked home with eachother most of the time. actually, we walked together everyday.

that was, until today.

"I'm sorry, grace. I'm friends with Luke now and he wants me to ride with him. It's only for today." he explained, a sad smile on his face.

calum was a very handsome boy, it was no wonder why luke hemmings wanted him in his clique.

calum wanted to be seen with the populars, not the loser who was selectively mute.

"whatever." I told him selfishly, shutting my locker and walking away.

"grace, please." calum begged from behind me, "why are you so angry?" calum mumbled so only I could hear.

I turn around angrily and look at him with hurt filled eyes, I knew it was selfish of me to not let calum go with other people but, I just didnt want him to leave me.

"go." I say simply, not bothering to say goodbye.

I knew luke hemmings, I know he'll make calum stop hanging out with me, I know he'll be a bad influence on calum. calum could've chosen anyone else to be friends with, yet he chose luke hemmimgs of all people.

But I guess that just wasn't my choice, was it?

so I left the school by myself, feeling lonley and betrayed.

||calum hood point of veiw||

"glad you decided to join us, calum." luke said, a smirk plastered on his face.

"yeah me too, I guess." I say simply, taking out my phone and checking for any messages from grace.

I don't know how I feel about grace. she just...helps. although she's silent, her actions speak louder than her words every could. she's an open book, I could see every emotion, every feeling she was having just by looking in her eyes.
she was beautiful, she wasn't perfect but she was still beautiful. everything about her was great. her personality, her looks, everything.

"why so glum, chum?" a curly haired boy named ashton asked me with a sinister smile.

"nothing..I guess you could say I'm missing someone." I say nonchalantly.

"and who would that be?" luke asked from beside me. I look down at my feet and avoid the question, knowing they wouldnt like my answer.

grace was still very wonderful , its just that everyone else doesn't know grace like I do. they don't understand.

"no....don't tell me its gloomy grace!" I cringe at the nickname he gave her.

"don't call her that." I tell him, my hands turning into fists.

it wasn't hard to get me upset, epecially not when you insult someone I care about.