chapter 2 ♡

**
I dont just not talk because I simply do not want to talk. I do wish i could talk more i just simply cannot. i have an extreme case of anxiety when it comes to talking, and some doctors have told me I have selective mutism, but I don't. I can talk perfectly fine, i just get extremely nervous when i talk which is exactly why i choose not to.

or at least that's what I tell myself. i refuse to except the fact that I might be partially mute.

"grace, its time to eat!" my mother yelled.

my mom served me and my brother a peice of lasagna and then serves herself some, "so grace, did you meet any new friends today?" i shake my head no.

I couldn't consider calum a friend, could I?

"awh, well that's okay hunny, there's always tomorrow." my mom told me with a gentle smile. my moms name is tatiana, and she was always the one to look on the good side of something. she was an optimist.

but everyone had a flaw. my mothers flaw was that she was short tempered. didn't seem like it now, but she was. she would always yell as soon as you did something wrong. it was a good and bad thing.

"im home." my dad sighed, shutting the front door and going to the bathroom to wash his hands. my dads name is max, he's a police officer.

he always tried to get home as soon as he could but sometimes he could stay at the station till the early hours. there was a lot of crime in my little town.

"oh good, just in time for dinner. sit down, ill serve you a plate." my mother smiled and started on serving the plate as me and my brother silently ate our food.

my brother is the complete opposite of me. he is popular and has many friends at school, but he was 3 years younger than me, so he was still in 8th grade. my brothers name is weston, but i call him wes. me and wes have a very close relationship, we didnt talk to eachother much but we played video games all the time on the weekend.

once i was finsihed with my plate, i picked it up and washed it. "thanks" i whisper to my mom as I silently walk up the stairs and into my room.

as I walked into my room I see the taunting mirror that stood up at the end of the staircase.

I had cream colored skin with dark green eyes and long, brown wavy hair. I love and hate my hair, it was a love hate relationship. I love it because it shielded me from the world, i can be in my own reality without people seeing my face fully. I hate my hair because it was so tempting to play with it, but I don't want to be one of those girls who just played with their hair all day. plus, I can't do anything with it, my hair was either always in a bun or always let down. I am also pretty fit for someone who just sits around watching netflix all day.

In conclusion, I wasn't all that special.

I continued down the hall until I finally got to my room. I sat down in silence and picked up my favorite book "to kill a mockingbird" and started to read.

The book was my favorite because one, it had beautiful words and two, because  it was so powerful to read.

I was in a comfortable silence, that was until I heard continuous knocking on my window.

I sighed and got up to check what it was. As I opened the curtains I saw the one and only calum hood. I quickly opened up my window and simply said, "why?!"

"me and my parents got in a fight and I had no where else to go." he shrugged. "come outside?"

I looked at him and thought for a second then shut the window. I hurried down the stairs, grabbed my coat and ran out the door quietly.

As I walked towards the side of my house where my windows were I shivered, it's so cold outside.

"didn't think you were coming.." calum said from behind me. I turned around and watched as he looked me up and down then widened his eyes, "oh.." he said awkwardly.

I was wearing super short shorts with spongebobs face on them. I blush and look down, allowing my hair to cover my face.

"I think it's cute." he laughed and tucked a strand of my hair back behind my ear. a shiver ran down my spine, I always hated it when people touched me, but with him it was different, it felt different. "sorry." he said, "it's cold." I nod and take his hand leading him to my porch. "you're letting me come inside?" he asked, raising his eyebrows at me. I shrugged and opened the door, sneaking him up and into my room.

"you have a nice room." calum told me as I awkwardly sat on my bed. I looked up at him and end up meeting his eyes.

they were so easy to get lost in, but I quickly looked away. getting stared at wasn't a very comfortable thing for me.

"my room isn't nearly as big as yours.." calum told me, "my family doesnt have lots of money.."

"its ok." i whispered to him and blushed.

my voice probably sounded really bad.

"not really." he explained. "I hate it, grace. I have nothing to look foward to, nothing ahead of me. No one cares about me, not even myself." he looks down at his hands with a sad look on his face.

I stand up and look at him for a second, his beautiful face stained with a frown. I didnt want anything else but to wipe that frown off of his face, wished to see him smile.

but, even with a frown and all his problems, there was still no flaw.
not one single flaw.

so I did it, I hugged him. and he hugged back twice as tight.

"I can't take it anymore." he whispered.

**

well there was more dialogue...ty for reading lovelies