Chapter 7

"After you, ma lady"

I chuckled at his ways and got in the car. He closed the door after me and jogged to the other side and was soon buckling himself. As I was buckling myself, I glanced at the front door only to regret doing so. There stood my stupid best friend, dramatically wiping his fake tears away and blowing his nose in some handkerchief-I don't really know from where he got and frankly don't even wanna know-he waved the handkerchief at me making me roll my eyes in response.

Not too long after, he was being dragged back inside by his ear by none other than Maria. I couldn't help but shake my head chuckling at them.

"Brady is sure is something else" I heard him say amused as he started the car.

"You've got no idea" I said with a grin.

We talked the whole ride to wherever he was taking me, stopping every now and then to sing along to some song that played on the radio that we both happened to know the lyrics to. I ended up wearing some floral dress with my favourite white flats, my hair put back in a simple french braid. My makeup was simple and a simple diamond necklace adorned my neck.

This was Brady's 'backup' outfit, in case I didn't like the first one. A part of me liked to believe that he was just messing with me and wasn't really expecting me to wear that first dress he picked out for me. I don't even know why I bought that dress, maybe I was hoping back then that one day I'll grow enough confidence to wear such a dress and actually pull it off without looking like an awkward mess.

The drive to our destination wasn't that long, or maybe time just passed by quickly without us realising it. Either ways I was really looking forward to spending tonight with Harry. Maybe it was just a friendly date, but I still enjoyed his company. He was a nice and funny guy, I don't see why anyone wouldn't enjoy his company.

"This is beautiful" I breathed, standing by the passenger's door as Harry was getting something from the trunk.

"I thought you'd like it"

I glanced at him from the corner of my eyes to find him standing beside me with a picnic box in his hand.

I took in the place around me, sitting on the blanket Harry had laid out for us to sit on. The landscape was truly beautiful, the buildings in the far end looking so small. Trees surrounding us, leaving me amazed that such a place existed in California. How I never learned that such a place even existed left me dumbfounded.

"I didn't think you'd fall in love so quickly with the place" I heard him say from beside me.

"It's just so beautiful" I breathed.

"I always come here when things are getting hard to handle...sometimes it's just..." he shook his head, obviously not sure if he should continue.

"You can trust me" I said looking at him with a smile.

"I know" he muttered before continuing.

"Living up to my parents expectations has always been hard, you know? Most of the time I question if I really want to be a baseball player. I mean, that's what dad has always dreamed for me. I'm not sure I want to walk down the same path though, you know? " he said quietly, staring ahead of him.

"I know how that feels like...living up to your parents expectations. Having your future already planned out for you, not wanting to disappoint" I said shaking my head slightly.

It went silent after that, we just enjoyed each other's company in silence as we basked in the beautiful scenery of the sun setting down. Even though we didn't talk that much that night and didn't really share that much secrets to one another, I still felt like we were closer than we were ever before. There was definitely more to Harry than just the bad boy of our high school.