Chapter 10

Andrea's P.O.V

"Why weren't you answering your phone?" Brady asked with a frown.

We were all now sitting in the living room of Justin's apartment. Aracely had Ellie's head on her lap as she pressed a damp small towel to her forehead, seeing that she was sweating. She was still unconscious and we don't even know yet what happened to her or how she ended up by the sidewalk in the street.

"Well..." I trailed off, remembering what happened earlier today.

I sighed in relief when the bell rang, indicating that I was free to flee from the 'mean girls', just kidding, maybe not. I faked a smile in the girls direction, biding our 'goodbyes' before we parted ways.

I managed to make it to my locker without being shoved by other students, that were trying to make their way, heading to their next classes I assumed. I still haven't seen Brady, which was really wierd, he had always been glued to my hip.

"I'm not glued to your hip" Brady cut me off, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Can I finish my story without any interruptions? " I asked with an arched eyebrow.

"Whatever" he rolled his eyes before crossing his arms over his chest.

I glanced at Justin who was pretending not to be listening or in any way interested as he searched through the pile of dvd's in search of a good movie for us all to watch.

"Anyways..." I said clearing my throat and then continued telling my story.

I opened my locker and started to quickly grab the books I'd be needing for the next class. I pulled my phone out of the pocket of my jeans to check the time to find that my phone was dead. Damn, the one time I need it is the same time I forgot to charge it. I groaned, throwing my head back before throwing my phone in my locker and then slamming the locker shut.

I started heading to my next class in a gloomy mood, that's how I always get when my phone is dead. Yeah, maybe I'm kinda dramatic, but who gives an eff? I know I don't. My next class was supposed to be with Brady, but when I didn't find him, I knew something was definitely wrong.

"How did you get Brady's text to come here if your phone was dead?" Justin asked with a frown, telling me that he was for sure listening to everything I was saying intently and not as busy with the dvd's as he's trying to give off.

"When I got back home, I charged it while I got ready for tonight's dinner" I answered.

"Shit, I forgot about that. How did things go? And how the hell did you manage to escape your parents? Doesn't those dinners of theirs usually last for...forever? " Brady asked, raising both eyebrows at me in something of disbelief mixed with amusement.

"I kind of snuck out" I said with a shrug.

"How did you get past them?" He asked in disbelief.

Why did it sound like he's referring to them as those two big monstrous looking dogs, that nothing can pass past them?

"Harry helped me sneak out, he's currently covering for me. I don't even know how he's going to cover for me for that long or what he's even gonna tell them. But whatever it is, it got me here without them blowing up my phone, asking where I snuck out to" I said then pursed my lips as my eyes wandered around, waiting for a reaction.

"That Harry guy sounds like a keeper" Aracely was the first to break the silence.

"He is, that's what I've been telling her! " Brady exclaimed, throwing his hands up before giving Aracely a look that said 'thank you'.