I nodded to his statement and he smirked at my condition.

"Poor you! " he said leaning down to me on the sofa.

"I'll be in my limits" I faintly whispered. My voice would always be lost when he was near.

"Good girl" he said and pecked my cheeks with a sluggish smile before he finally turned around to leave. I looked at the door and soon it shut as he exited.

I sat there clutching the cover of the sofa and shut my eyes tight, stopping the tears and took in a deep breath finally. This is how my day started each morning and ended each night~ with nightmares!

Sometimes you just have to deal with the fact that, life doesn't go your way. It will trail along the path it wants to, no matter how bad and hard you try. When everything is doing fine! It crashes all again. And the worst part was that for the first time I really didn't want to try and put it all back together again ; but I had to.

That is how my life was. Ruled by others. I didn't have opinions. No one wanted them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 July 2016
Q label head office, Mumbai

A new day~ an old work.

Okay frankly tell me something, what does a personal assistant do?! Just paid for giving reminders and take notes and put up scheduled meetings?! Why would someone pay another for just taking notes and giving reminders. Well to be honest I was actually went through Wikipedia and stuff to really get the P. A. point, last night. It said it was a job title describing a person who assists a specific person with their daily business or personal tasks and all other stuff!
But what ever, the bottom line of all that info was , it wasn't a job someone would want to do! Then how come each boss had one? How come I hired one for me?! And how come someone would want to do such a job?! God I can't still believe Cabir made me hire a girl for such a job.

It was around 7:30 am when I stepped inside my office. I kept my guitar on the couch and sat down on my chair. It was the first week of July and that called for loads of work. I took a sip from the glass of water on my table and turned on my laptop when,

Knock knock...

"Come in! " I called from inside and looked up from the laptop screen towards the door which slowly opened.

I found a girl of around my age standing there at the door with a plastered smile on her face. She was looking at me as if I was not human, but alien. Her face had changing expressions. She wore a full covered long white kurti with a black leggings and her black duppata hung loosely around her neck. Typical Indian.

"Yes?? " I asked and she straightened herself up.

"I.... Am.... I am Nandini.... Nandini Murthy... You new.. P. A. " she said looking down and kinda leaning by the door.

"Ahhh...... Come on in! " I said remembering all those thoughts I had about an assistant in the morning.

She hesitated at first but then finally entered the room.

"Sit! " I said showing her the chair opposite to mine. She nodded politely and made her way to it.

"Well... Hi... I'm Manik" I said and held out my hand in her direction but to my surprise she declined it and just smiled. This was awkward though. I stared at that response, pulling back my hand and I could see her face whiten.

"You fine? " I asked. This was girl was really weird.

"Ya.... Yes... I'm fine! " she replied immediately, breaking my trance.

"Okay so..... The room next to this cabin is yours..... Intercom 608.... And ya...ummn ..... That's it! " I said and casually shrugged.

"Okay sir.... " she said standing up.

"And ya one more thing.. I need my coffee everyday 8 am sharp" I said.

Well not that she had been appointed as my slave or that I wanted to make her do random stuff! It was just the fact that how difficult would it be to just take notes?!

I thought she would protest at first but then again to my surprise she didn't. She just nodded and smiled faintly.

"You may leave now! " I said eyeing the clock.

"Yes Sir" she replied , well that nearly was a whisper though. And with that she walked up to the door and left.

A/N:

Do let me know your views!
Adios 😘